Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4421 - 4427 of 4427 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Has anyone who drives a GTA have the engine temperature of their car always showing low temperatures? My GTA thermostat used to be stuck at 50C, then after I took it to the garage to change the thermometer, it will go up to 60-75C, but it would never reach 90C like my GT. For those of you who drives a GTA, does your thermometer ever rise to 90C when you drive your car? My GTA is second hand so I don't know if all GTAs are like this.
It should rise to about 75 and stick there when driving. It's quite common for them to then yo-yo up and down when the car is idling / in stop-start traffic, where the temp will often rise to about 100 on the gauge. The cooling fans kick in and then it'll drop to a touch under 90 again and repeat. At least that's what mine does. Definitely get it looked at, make sure the coolant temp-sensor and thermostat are working properly (y)

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Finally got round to getting a few bits sorted:

1. Dropped off the 156 at the paint shop (again) after I damaged the rear quarter and to repair a nasty stone chip
2. Grabbed a train over to see a man at Penrith to borrow a diesel wagon
3. Picked up a nice upgrade for the summer

(y)

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries January 2020 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win (y)

February Detailing competition now open for entries February 2020 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car (y)

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Administrator
5,041 Posts
Parts for the rear suspension refurb so far.

1. Rear top suspension mounts - tick

www.ebay.co.uk

ALFA ROMEO 147 & GT New 2X GENUINE Rear Shock Absorber Top Mount 46791956 (PAIR) | eBay
2x new rear shock absorber top mounts. 1.6 16V Twin Spark standard models. 2.0 16V Twin Spark standard models. note this top mount only fits standard model versions suspension.
www.ebay.co.uk

2. Rear Shocks -

3. Rear Springs - tick

www.ebay.co.uk

Suplex Coil Spring, Rear Axle, OE Quality, 01024 4039551010240 | eBay
Part Number: 01024. SUPLEX COIL SPRING. SUPLEX springs are shot-peened in order to compact the surface and extend the longevity. All SUPLEX springs are provided with a zinc phosphate coating, which is primarily to keep the epoxy powder coating in a robust state.
www.ebay.co.uk

4. Bump Stops / Cover - tick

www.ebay.co.uk

2x Genuine OE Quality Febi Rear Shock Absorber Dust Cover - 36318 4027816363187 | eBay
Why this exclusivity?. A dust cover kit provides protection for the shock absorber piston rod with a water tight seal preventing dirt and grit damaging the internals of the damper. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
www.ebay.co.uk

5. Rubber Spring Mounts

6. Lower Mount Bolts + Nut - tick

7. Rear anti roll bar bushes - tick

www.ebay.co.uk

Rear Anti-Roll Bar Stabiliser Bush Alfa Romeo:156,147,145,146,GTV,GT,SPIDER 5908229974971 | eBay
Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Rear Anti-Roll Bar Stabiliser Bush Alfa Romeo:156,147,145,146,GTV,GT,SPIDER at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!
www.ebay.co.uk

8. Rear dop links

9. Rear shock top cup - tick

·
Registered
180 Posts
Had my passenger door blown out of the hands of my wife by storm winds, hitting a rather new and shiney VW polo, damage to the GT is minimal to nonexistent, the polo has a dent and rather bad paint scrapage.... Filled out insurance forms and all that, and im hoping itll all work out without costing me tons of money.

Either way, back to contemplating boring economic and most importantly, short-doored jap shopping trolleys then

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi!
I sold my 156 busso last week and bought 159 V6 as a replacement. I got so good offer and this 159 has only 113000 km mileage.

Good bye dear Busso!

4421 - 4427 of 4427 Posts