Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 4427 Posts

·
Administrator
5,041 Posts
Removed the boot floor carpet to repair it as the material has split at the seams in various places. Bought some impact instant contact adhesive for the repair.

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
318 Posts

New front brakes: remanufactured calipers, braided lines from HEL, TRW pads and Brembo Max discs.
Got the rear to do still, but that'll be on the weekend.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Fitted new gas struts to the tailgate, so it no longer falls on my neck guillotine like as I retrieve stuff from the boot, but rises with the sort of bounce Boris would approve of. Three year guarantee too. Hmm.

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
318 Posts

Rear brakes done as well - exactly the same setup as front, with remanufactured calipers, HEL braided lines, Brembo Max discs and TRW pads.

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries December 2019 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win :thumbs:

January Detailing competition now open for entries January 2020 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car :thumbs:

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Administrator
5,041 Posts
Cleaned the parcel shelf with carpet cleaner foam. As it is dark grey you don't see the dirt until you clean it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finished replacing cambelt and waterpump on 3.2 GT. What a pain in the backside. Very hard to get to a lot of the bolts and I managed to drop one of the tensioner bolts and it somehow fell into the inner mudguard through a hole about 1.5 cm wide and go to the bottom of the guard. I heard a metalic sound and I didn't hear it hit the ground. I couldn't get my tension wrench to fit in between motor and side of guard either so most of the bolts are just done up super tight.

Later, when I was underneath the car I could see a thread through a drain hole on the inner guard (the missing bolt). I tried my bendy magnet but the head of the bolt is just too big to come out of the drain hole. (I can't get my magnet to bend around enough where it must have gone in either). I may try drilling the drain hole slightly bigger at a later date and then painting the edge. At least the bolt isn't going anywhere. The tensioner now has one hex bolt and one allen bolt.

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
On saturday i changed the oil, back to Castrol Edge from the Selenia 20K, and i just love how smooth an engine sounds with fresh new oil. Also had the father in law weld a crack in the second exhaust damper, and replaced a missing bolt on an exhaust brace further forward, might need to replace the rubber bushing holding the brace, but given the place of the bolts holding the bracket, it looks like a downpipe off job, so i might just see how bad the rattling is now.

Also slowly mulling over my options regarding different cars, soon enough the GT will be degraded from family transport to just my run-around (family visits and holidays will be shifted to a newer car), so that would allow me to make the GT more fun and less practical. (to the point where runaround duties might warrant some jap shoebox)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been having problems with the temperature dropping at random times and the electric fans running flat out. Thought I would spray some contact cleaner on the coolant temperature sensor connector. When I tried to unplug it the sensor broke off. Have ordered a new one but have to wait now. Grrrr.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I set about installing GT rear seats in my 147 Q2. Not a straightforward thing at all and will only ever be a bodge. They just not made to go there. Good job they only for looking at and never get sat on 🤓

·
Administrator
5,041 Posts
That did not go well, worked out the wiring and went to remove the old mirror off the mounting and snapped it completely off the windscreen. :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
today was ICE upgrade day, the original blaupunkt CD and Bose system, now has a Pioneer DEH S410DAB pair with it. photos to follow, but it was fairly easy. a new fascia surround, and a wiring loom with steering wheel control unit. using the forum post about how to power the Bose Amp. it now sounds excellant, but i am struggling to get the pioneer app on my samsung Galaxy S10 to connect over USB (its not a BT unit). the DAB aerial was dead easy to fit and routes nicely into the dash void of the head unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone who drives a GTA have the engine temperature of their car always showing low temperatures? My GTA thermostat used to be stuck at 50C, then after I took it to the garage to change the thermometer, it will go up to 60-75C, but it would never reach 90C like my GT. For those of you who drives a GTA, does your thermometer ever rise to 90C when you drive your car? My GTA is second hand so I don't know if all GTAs are like this.

4401 - 4420 of 4427 Posts