Alfa Romeo Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 4625 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've silenced my clicking doors the cheap way (but not floss cheap) with whipping twine. Can't believe it's worked so well! It might only be a temporary fix, but it's temporarily shut the neighbours dogs up every time I open the door!
My clicking doors have been nagging me for a fix, so I bit the bullet and decided to replace the check strap. Bought the driver's side first from an eBay trader I've used before. Genuine part for £33 delivered and fitted today in between rain showers. It was a lot easier than I anticipated and I've now ordered one for the passenger door.
ps. Managed to remove door card without breaking any clips!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My clicking doors have been nagging me for a fix, so I bit the bullet and decided to replace the check strap. Bought the driver's side first from an eBay trader I've used before. Genuine part for £33 delivered and fitted today in between rain showers. It was a lot easier than I anticipated and I've now ordered one for the passenger door.
ps. Managed to remove door card without breaking any clips!
Do you have any guides for replacing check straps?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Scraped my GT front wing on an ac unit at work. Nasty scratch and dent. Can anyone recommend a good body shop in Southampton/Hampshire?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I have alfa romeo 156 automobile. I start the engines then start the air conditioning. The button right in the middle is stucked on maximum. Button is spinnig but blowing speed iş not increasing. It consistently blows Hot air. I couldnt fix it in any way.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was loosing selespeed oil, so i changed the oil and checked the accumalator but nothing wrong that i could see and no leaks so far.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
"Tonight on Alfa Gear"

A car flashes it's hazards...

A man puts his head under a bumper...

And an owner gets sad...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
You forgot to mention 'Digits on number plates go missing' :happy:
That's a good one. Damn.

TBH I don't why I do this... the reg plates are completely exposed 24 hours a day. Why do I think that using a crayon to blank them will actually do anything? Thankfully I'm not the only one who does this so I don't feel so obsessive anymore.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That's a good one. Damn.

TBH I don't why I do this... the reg plates are completely exposed 24 hours a day. Why do I think that using a crayon to blank them will actually do anything? Thankfully I'm not the only one who does this so I don't feel so obsessive anymore.

So the issue is?

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Replaced an ignition coil. It goes through about 1 a year at the moment. Plug looked a bit suspect as well so will throw 4 new ones in. I suspect worn plugs possibly put additional strain on coils. I might be wrong but plugs are only cheap so I might as well change them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
removed EGR valve cleaned and blanked off, cleaned MAP sensor and intake valve trying to rectify the rough running issue. Not rectified, so bacon butty and back to it I guess

·
Registered
40 Posts
New Cambelt on my bella today.
Cooked myself in the sun and forgot what a ***** the bottom pully is to get off.
Glad its just every 3 years heh

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Had the GTA dropped off at Autolusso Penrith this weekend for a few bits and pieces:

1. New shocks & springs all round
  2. Eibach roll bars
  3. Wizard manifolds
  4. Xenon ballast & headlight lens restore
  5. Fit new back box
  6. Fit new drivers side check straps
  7. Waxoyl / Jelonite floorpans
  8. Fix lambda fault
  9. Top hat bush alignment
  10. MOT
Hopefully that will be it for this installment.

Attachments

Reactions: _The_Editor_

·
Registered
202 Posts
New Eibach springs all round. So much tighter now.

Next jobs:

Replace the dire satnav/telephone/radio
Source and replace the engine mounts
Fix the airbag warning light
Tidy up the N/S mirror

And one for the summer holidays with my mechanic's stool to hand, touch in all the stone chips, then cut and polish the whole car.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Next jobs:

Tidy up the N/S mirror

And one for the summer holidays with my mechanic's stool to hand, touch in all the stone chips, then cut and polish the whole car.
Was that on the 156 or spider? I'm fitting eibach pro and bilstein b6 to my old 156 soon. Can't wait!

·
Registered
6,693 Posts

Next jobs:

Tidy up the N/S mirror

Was that on stock shocks..?

3221 - 3240 of 4625 Posts