Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4394 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just an idea.:)

To have a thread where we can share what we have done or bought or considered for our beloved cars "today" thread.

Hopefully this might catch on?

I will kick off..

Managed to align my front bumper properly...Big thanks to shiny car's guide to bumper removal. Once i had removed the front portion of arch liner the 2 torx screws were revealed and the bumper was easily aligned as it should be.:thumbs:

Did notice my oil cooler pipes looked a tad ropey. Will have to look into oil cooler options. Is upgrading the unit wise at this point? Covered the pipes in rust protectant for now. Better the devil you know.

Damien.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I started carbon-fibre hydrographic dipping interior pieces. Technically this is from my 159 but I don't the 147 will escape totally scott free. haha.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great quality job Artermis. Look forward to seeing the pieces on the car.:thumbs:

Damien.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Done the steering wheel surround this morning too. This pic is straight out of the tank and still drying. It is currently sat on my kitchen side with it's second coat of clear drying on it.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I started a thread like this EXACTLY the same a few years ago. I thought it was my own thread coming back.

But unlike this thread my thread had NO responses :lol:

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Great idea for the thread!

Got top and lower turbo hose delivered today from autolusso. Tomorrow will have aircon pipe replaced together with the lower hose (ok, I won't be doing this myself), over the weekend planning to replace top turbo hose myself.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Replaced a parking sensor and washed it.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Today I took her for a thrash from Liverpool to work in Manchester and back. She loved it. I loved it! I did find myself cleaning the engine cover on Sunday though.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I started a thread like this EXACTLY the same a few years ago. I thought it was my own thread coming back.

But unlike this thread my thread had NO responses :lol:
Fingers crossed this time Fred. Just thinks its nice to share what we do to our pride and joy's.:)

Well had a visit from Dent wizard and had a few body gremlins removed.. She is absolutely spotless again.. He even noticed a small dent on the bonnet and removed it. :cool:

Also had a call from Gazella racing about my alu strutbrace which should be with me shortly. Nice chap also spoke about suspension setups.:)

And last but not least went to Platinum alloy wheel solutions to discuss the refurbishment of my clover 18's. They did an amazing job on the wheels of my last show car. Have decided on shade and colour now and will be adding a little subtle personal touch.:thumbs:

Damien.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I followed the guides on here a took all my lights out the front end. They all had water/water marks/condensation in. Washed them all though with screen wash, dried them out over night and refitted. Small thing but much happier it's done and looks better too :0)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had some some welding to the inner front wheel arches today,whilst all the suspension and engine and box are out
on my recently purchased 156 V6,[alfonso],seems to be a weak point on the 156,but not on this one now.Just replaced cambelt and waterpump and bearings and tensioner with genuine parts on replacement engine,so much easier with engine out,also upgrading to a Direnza alloy radiator for better cooling,all i need to do now is to put it all back together.
Graham.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I followed the guides on here a took all my lights out the front end. They all had water/water marks/condensation in. Washed them all though with screen wash, dried them out over night and refitted. Small thing but much happier it's done and looks better too :0)
Well done mate..Sometimes its the smallest things that bring the biggest pleasure..."That's what my girlfriend keeps assuring me anyhow".:lol:;)

Damien.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Done the steering wheel surround this morning too. This pic is straight out of the tank and still drying. It is currently sat on my kitchen side with it's second coat of clear drying on it.
how are you doing these... would love a few exterior items done... what sort of cost is involved please

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 4394 Posts