Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1914 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
10W60 ester oil smells fantastic, worth the extra for that alone!
Haha ... I am wafting along gently on the Ester scents now. Lucia (or "Lucy" - testing the name for now) sounds happier after the filter and oil change. 7,3 litres specified ... took 6,8 litres and is ever so slightly above the maximum mark. Shall check again tomorrow once it's settled again.

Now to chase down the last small gas leak on yon 'zoompipe setup.

Paul

·
Registered
205 Posts
Managed to buy a really good condition rubber seal for the Spider delivered today only £35
I've been glueing it for months ....no more ha ha.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Drove it around 40miles with the roof down, enjoying the V6. Nice to be able to again now the restrictions are easing off in Scotland. Gave it a wash when I got home, and put back in the garage. It’s running nicely at the moment, but that standard exhaust is a bit too silenced...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's been persisting it down in south cumbria today, but in a break I took the GTV to the local jet wash (must get the outside tap sorted) to give her a good rinse and wash with my own sponge and bucket, before heading home shammying her off outside then into the garage for a right good waxing just as the rain started again. Was going to use the DA outside but hey ho..

Swapped the front wheel nuts for the new 17mm ones that arrived in the post.

Checked the coolant hoses to see if the leak is stil sorted - nope it's weeping coolant very slightly - may need to do something a little more drastic - nothing I do seems to stop it permanently.

Need to plan a trip trip to Penrith & AutoLusso North for a good going over, now things are opening up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stole some panhead screws from a Golf's undertray fixings to attach the cosmetic black panels in the TB's engine bay. Perfect. Golf now has the cheap 'uns I scratched out of boxes. Gave her (TB) a 10 mile run and finally the idle is almot where it should be (ca. 950rpm today). Next, have a look at the AFM and idle regulator ...

Most of the hesitation on acceleration is gone (new lambda, plugs, and a bit of welly once she'd warmed up). Not quite there, but almost (!).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Drove it around 40miles with the roof down, enjoying the V6. Nice to be able to again now the restrictions are easing off in Scotland. Gave it a wash when I got home, and put back in the garage. It’s running nicely at the moment, but that standard exhaust is a bit too silenced...

Try alfaholics unsilence mid section.......keep rear silence or rear unsilence and alfaholics silenced mid... Either way sounds sweet..... 🍀

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the advice- I’ll investigate. Was thinking Wizard, but I think it might be too much on a Spider.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i really enjoy this sound.. its just right
with : CF2 manifolds EL downpipes OEM cat Ragazzon center silencer Novitec rear quad DTM pipes 4x76mm
Yep that's my perfect sound too! Got it in my you tube favourites.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
same xD im debating either Wizard or this set up right now. ive got a Wizard TS system on my 3.0 V6 and it sounds weird. muffled and very buzzy.
I've still not completed my system to the above spec, plus I have an alfaholics sports cat and wizard cf3 (cat-free) manifolds which will be staying on, so not sure if it will be a bit different.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've still not completed my system to the above spec, plus I have an alfaholics sports cat and wizard cf3 (cat-free) manifolds which will be staying on, so not sure if it will be a bit different.

Gonna copy a post i made in another thread so you can hear and see if you like any of these..
Ive Highlighted the changes in each video from the last one in Bold lettering
Stage 1:
Engine completely std. CF3 version 218 Bhp. Manifold Cats still there. Alfatune Motorsport equal length frontpipes, Wizard (Unicorse replica) twin pipe exhaust

Stage 2:
Engine CF3 version, (Manifold Cats still in place) now fitted with GTA inlet cams and F360 Modena throttlebody. Alfatune Motorsport equal length frontpipes, Alfaholics GTA Sportcat, Wizard (Unicorse replica) twin pipe exhaust.

Stage 3:
Exhaust sound after fitting the CF3 decat headers. 3,0 V6 24V with GTA camshafts, Squadra Corse engine remap, Ferrari F360 throttle body, Alfatune motorsport equal length frontpipes, Alfaholics Sport Cat., and Wizard twin pipe cat back exhaust.

Doppio Corse
Busso 3,0 V6 24V CF3 with: shorter air intake, Ferrari F360 throttle body, machined inlet plenum, ECU software upgrade, GTA cams, CF3 decat manifolds, Equal length front pipes, 2 race catalysts combined with X-pipe, two Unicorse mufflers, 4 custom made end pipes.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That's a bit much for me, a prefer the vid of the car around the hair pin. Is that the wizard with the optional little silencer or just the resonantor? Only listening on a phone speaker though, might listen again with some decent headphones later. I've got the GTA cams too, we are going in a similar direction. Did you find the recap made much difference? I've never had one.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
the stage 3 is just... Baaaark! a bit too much for me.

found this as well. someone done a dual caliper.. V6 caliper rear. looks like 6 or 8 pots front.
Link seems broken mate. But very interested to see it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Does it work now?
Link seems broken mate. But very interested to see it.

Its not my car the stage 1, 2, 3
The first one is just with the resonator.

i think a CF2 with wizard little silencer or CF3 without little silencer but with manifolds or same as CF2 example: with CF2 manifolds and with little silencer would be a nice thing.

I truly feel like the ragga set up makes you want to hear it sing at high revs. it makes you want more vs wizard where the payoff is everywhere in the range. on throttle.. decel..

on my car i have CF2 - EQ - standard cat - Wizard TS unsilenced
that i took from my TS.

video:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Does it work now?

Its not my car the stage 1, 2, 3
The first one is just with the resonator. i think a CF2 with wizard little silencer or CF3 without little silencer but with manifolds or same as CF2 example: with CF2 manifolds and with little silencer would be a nice thing.

I truly feel like the ragga set up makes you want to hear it sing at high revs. it makes you want more vs wizard where the payoff is everywhere in the range. on throttle.. decel..
No still a broken link unfortunately.

I've got the Alfaholics centre silencer and the silenced Raggazon quad dtm's and it's a little to quite and a bit to raspy. Got some unknown stainless steel down pipes on at the mo, but hoping to go to the eq down pipes of the orque design this year.

Sourcing the novitec quad dtm rear is looking difficult, I may have to go down the unsilenced Raggazon quad dtm route which has a slightly different joining arrangement where the pipe splits at the rear....plus maybe they different grade steel, which could effect sound.

I did have a alfaholics unsilenced centre section fitted with the silenced Raggazon quad dtm's, but it was a bit to much for me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
No still a broken link unfortunately.

I've got the Alfaholics centre silencer and the silenced Raggazon quad dtm's and it's a little to quite and a bit to raspy. Got some unknown stainless steel down pipes on at the mo, but hoping to go to the eq down pipes of the orque design this year.

Sourcing the novitec quad dtm rear is looking difficult, I may have to go down the unsilenced Raggazon quad dtm route which has a slightly different joining arrangement where the pipe splits at the rear....plus maybe they different grade steel, which could effect sound.

I did have a alfaholics unsilenced centre section fitted with the silenced Raggazon quad dtm's, but it was a bit to much for me.

just search:
1e prototype Esperto Corse uitlaat (start up)
on youtube. for the v6 rear caliper. and 6/8 pot front.

orque design would be great if someone where to send them to cybox or someone who can make a jig for it and produce them to us all. then we all can be lowered and sound amazing.

im not sure on the Raggazon vs novitec, they look very similar and i dont know if they sound very different.

1881 - 1900 of 1914 Posts