1801 - 1820 of 1836 Posts

·
Read Only
7 Posts
This weekend was a busy one which included:

• Machine polishing the car
  • recolouring the blue leather interior
  • a carpet clean
it’s now all clean and beautiful to look at and be in!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Finally replaced my alternator. Also over the past week I've cleaned up the subframe, lots of flaking paint removed. CV joints replaced. Now just waiting for new wishbones, track rod ends, anti roll bar link & power flex bushes to arrive. Betsy even broke my bench vice...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Finally replaced my alternator. Also over the past week I've cleaned up the subframe, lots of flaking paint removed. CV joints replaced. Now just waiting for new wishbones, track rod ends, anti roll bar link & power flex bushes to arrive. Betsy even broke my bench vice...

View attachment 936361
Now would be the best time to fit an alcoholics anti-roll bar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Now would be the best time to fit an alcoholics anti-roll bar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
MMM if I had the money spare..... :rolleyes: But it is on the shopping list for the future.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Going out of my comfort zone and rubbing down and respraying the wing mirror base which annoys me every time I clean the car. Wish me luck, I’m a novice at this!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Said Goodbye....
After 12 years of happy driving, including taking the kids to school and winning a silver medal in the Pomeroy Trophy at Silverstone, I sold her this morning.
I think she's gone to a good home.
I'll now be on the Brera forum...
Neil
PS I've got a couple of teledials if anyone has the need.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Both rear dog legs, drop links & track control arms. Then 4 wheel alignment. I'm not bothered about the rear camber being slightly over but the NSF merits some investigation. New Yuasa battery too.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Passenger door trim removed and the two bolts that hold the glass clamps tightened, didn't use Loctite as I've found it affects some plastics. There was a slight click when lowering the window, now sorted.
Completed paint cleansing followed by Black Hole and Poorboys polish for black paintwork.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fitted the short shift mod I purchased from Totally Alfa. Excellent item, easy to fit and makes the gear changes feel tighter and quicker....

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Given the phase 1 pepperpot alloys a good clean. Disappointed that one wheel seems to have some faded marks and am not convinced they weren’t caused by the Meguirs Alloy cleaner I used

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Finally got round to fitting my 18” Blacklines to the GTV. I now need to decide what to do with the teledials I took off...

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
47 Posts
Got a JTS running after top and bottom end surgery. Now waiting on a coil pack to stop it running like a tractor below 4000rpm.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Looks very smart did you have to use spacers?
No spacers... the fronts fill the wheel arches perfectly. The rears could maybe do with an extra few mm but overall they look spot on IMO.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Going out of my comfort zone and rubbing down and respraying the wing mirror base which annoys me every time I clean the car. Wish me luck, I’m a novice at this! View attachment 936376
Pleased with how this came out given my lack of experience in respraying!

1801 - 1820 of 1836 Posts