Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1836 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats! Will you do me a favour: can i have the engine-version of your car and the Bosch-partnumber of the actual electric pump? (so not from the "basket" that contains the pump)
If not too much trouble... Thank you...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! Will you do me a favour: can i have the engine-version of your car and the Bosch-partnumber of the actual electric pump? (so not from the "basket" that contains the pump)
If not too much trouble... Thank you...
It's no trouble I had it all on the bench anyway, engine is AR16102 the number of the pump is Bosch 0 580 453 443. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Cleaning out my alfa work shop got these surplus Alfaholics exhaust parts for sale. View attachment 936048
I’m going to have to ask... how do you end up with over a grands worth of some of the best quality exhaust components money can buy surplus to requirements?
It's a long story but I have always loved the 916 and over last 3 year I have been renovating and upgrading 2 3.2 ('Rovero' and 'Florence") and a jts (' Faye'). These are parts that I swapped around. I gave up with eql down pipes. Flo is running Alfaholics down pipes, mid pipes and tail pipes with oem pre cats and dual cats. Rovero has Alfaholics down pipes and silenced mid with ragazzon unsilenced quad dtms, oem pre cats and dual cats. Was planning wizard manifolds. The JTS has all Alfaholics except pre cats and maninverter / catalyse. I was planning to find spider this year but coronavirus has put and end to that so now have these surplus. I dont have enough space at home. Alfaholics are Jon same trading estate as the Taxi Co and if you call them they know me and can verify that all bought and paid for. Just ask them about Mark from the taxis round the corner🍀

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes that was my car. I have never come across anyone who pays so much attention to detail on what they do on cars as Neal! The fact that he has just about every GTV piece at hand is a bonus. I was there when he pointed out and fixed a number of previous unknown bodges and broken covers whilst doing the cambelt change

Thanks, yes the car has remarkably little rust underneath, hence the reason for the wayoyl to try and keep it that way.
Good bloke Neal. Knows lots about the 916 helped me a lot on my spider when had issues.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's a long story but I have always loved the 916 and over last 3 year I have been renovating and upgrading 2 3.2 ('Rovero' and 'Florence") and a jts (' Faye'). These are parts that I swapped around. I gave up with eql down pipes. Flo is running Alfaholics down pipes, mid pipes and tail pipes with oem pre cats and dual cats. Rovero has Alfaholics down pipes and silenced mid with ragazzon unsilenced quad dtms, oem pre cats and dual cats. Was planning wizard manifolds. The JTS has all Alfaholics except pre cats and maninverter / catalyse. I was planning to find spider this year but coronavirus has put and end to that so now have these surplus. I dont have enough space at home. Alfaholics are Jon same trading estate as the Taxi Co and if you call them they know me and can verify that all bought and paid for. Just ask them about Mark from the taxis round the corner🍀
Hi,I would be interested in the centre box if it’s still available?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tried a velcro frameless number plate attach to the TB. Turns out cr*p adhesive on the velcro pads sort of defeats the idea. Growl. Now to find a replacement factory boost vent/recirc valve (instead of the whoosh pffft device fitted by someone). Compressor stalls not fun, and hesitation when pressing on 'cos the whoosh pfft is a bit ropey .... is also not fun. Pity really as the whoosh pfft is a good overlay on the Busso soundtrack.

Variable speed polisher device arrived ... unpacked and ready to make the chariot gleam. Well, that's the plan at least.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Tried a velcro frameless number plate attach to the TB. Turns out cr*p adhesive on the velcro pads sort of defeats the idea. Growl. Now to find a replacement factory boost vent/recirc valve (instead of the whoosh pffft device fitted by someone). Compressor stalls not fun, and hesitation when pressing on 'cos the whoosh pfft is a bit ropey .... is also not fun. Pity really as the whoosh pfft is a good overlay on the Busso soundtrack.

Variable speed polisher device arrived ... unpacked and ready to make the chariot gleam. Well, that's the plan at least.
I need to learn about polishers, I always feared I'd do more harm than good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
Correction, unused Alfaholics cf2 silenced mid section for sale. For some reason I thought all was cf3.... Not sure why cf2 unless jts uses this config. Anyway it has hardly been used let me know if interested🍀

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I did the bonnet and front wings with an 800-1200 rpm setting and some very very fine abrasive ... took it easy and then waxed it after. Visibly deeper shine (or so I tell myself). Original paint, so being cautious about breaking through the clearcoat. Intial impression - a good idea. Second impression - I need to get a buffing machine which has two handles and a slightly gruntier motor. The cheapie I am experimenting with is a little gutless now and then.

Also more of ye silky smooth feel to the surface.

So, first stab is promising. Will post some before/after photos when the sun plays along ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought this last August as a project, have done bits and bobs. But since lockdown....

Resprayed Rear quarter, rear bumper and boot (all my own work!)
Cambelt and Water pump, aux belt and new plugs
Flushed coolant system, with rad out to flush through
Removed, stripped and repainted the radiator crossmember and fan housing.
Painted grille black (chrome finish was shot) and new badge.

Still to do...
Refit the cooling system and new coolant
Oil and Filter
Change Brake Fluid
Sort out door open lights on dashboard permanently on (think its a door switch thing as Autodrop is faulty on drivers side too)
Freshen up wheels with a coat of paint.
Anything else that comes up!

Then hopefully the day will come when I can get it out and enjoy it!

View attachment 935327 View attachment 935328 View attachment 935333
View attachment 935329 View attachment 935330
Hi

Have you got any more pictures of the front grille? I might paint mine black, cool idea 😎

·
Registered
499 Posts
Took it for a drive to try and get rid of the issues with the smell of petrol and white smoke. Used lot of country roads, kept in third gear and blast up a by pass. Never missed a beat and went really well. Smelll and smoke has gone...👍

·
Registered
499 Posts
Took it for a drive to try and get rid of the issues with the smell of petrol and white smoke. Used lot of country roads, kept in third gear and blast up a by pass. Never missed a beat and went really well. Smelll and smoke has gone...👍

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Sad as it sounds I have taken my air filter housing off just to make sure the screws and bolts come off. The bolts came off easily but on the screws, two did with difficulty, one didn’t and came out with the fixing which was annoying. The filter was really clean, it’s years since I changed it too. A bit of grease on two screws so I know that they will all come off again easily for a while.

Thoughts on changing an air filter that is clean? Seems a waste of money to me, even though it hasn’t been changed for years.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Replaced a hydraulic ram in the hood on the Spider... now got a leaking hose.

1781 - 1800 of 1836 Posts