Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1836 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I removed the drivers side sill cover to see how they looked and squirt some waxoyl into them.

Ready......

They were fine! Really clean, almost totally rust free. At last, a job on the car that actually isn't a can of worms!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just started conditioning/proofing the roof on my Spider - used the Renovo Black (took a few coats even though its not an "old" roof) and putting on the proofing coats this weekend.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I didn’t do it but my GTV has been waxoyled underneath and rear suspension is being fettled with new springs and refurbed spring pans. New cam belts too.

This car is now officially a keeper as I have wavered over the last few years.

Will I notice a difference when I get it back? No, but I’ll know it is good for years to come.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Replaced the radiator hoses and put back the cleaned up air filter housing and bracket. Tried to start the old girl and the battery was flat...There will be noise tomorrow, V6 with Alfaholics pipes - always makes me smile.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Finally got round to locating the source of a hydraulic leak in the Spider. Easier said than done as the fluid was spraying out everywhere under pressure. The offending ram has been identified and a 2nd hand replacement ordered. Also fitted a storage net behind the driver’s seat.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The very very rusty spring pans are done, yay

These are getting very rare now and cost a fortune when refurbed or new. I agreed to have them done back in November and have only just got around to having them done. The old ones wren’t far of having the rusty old springs go through them. Got them for what turned out to be an absolute bargain, so doubly chuffed.

I
now have a totally sorted rear suspension including new hand brake cables

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Are you having that work done by Neal in Hoddesdon? I popped in to see him this morning and there was a car on the ramp that was having that work done. If so, it looks a really solid car underneath.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Fitted sub bass unit to stereo. Sounds amazing. Pioneer head, pioneer power. Amp, infinity speakers front and rear, pioneer sub bass, 1.farad capacitor. Crystal clear and full warm sound. All new wiring and lots of sound deadening. 🍀

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Fitted sub bass unit to stereo. Sounds amazing. Pioneer head, pioneer power. Amp, infinity speakers front and rear, pioneer sub bass, 1.farad capacitor. Crystal clear and full warm sound. All new wiring and lots of sound deadening.
Sub in the boot or under seat?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sub in the boot or under seat?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
In boot. A fantastic design by pioneer. The sub fits within or instead of the spare wheel. I removed the wheel and replaced it with sub unit. Some extra sound proofing and boom boom boom.. Ran control cable and fitted controller box to dash so I can fiddle til I find the sweet spot but really don't even need to do that. It sounds great, it adds a nice gentle depth and warmth to the sound. 10 out of 10 for pioneer for concept, design and sound....... Genious🍀 I have tried under seat units but they don't fit under the seat of a gtv.......

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Are you having that work done by Neal in Hoddesdon? I popped in to see him this morning and there was a car on the ramp that was having that work done. If so, it looks a really solid car underneath.
Yes that was my car. I have never come across anyone who pays so much attention to detail on what they do on cars as Neal! The fact that he has just about every GTV piece at hand is a bonus. I was there when he pointed out and fixed a number of previous unknown bodges and broken covers whilst doing the cambelt change

Thanks, yes the car has remarkably little rust underneath, hence the reason for the wayoyl to try and keep it that way.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have never come across anyone who pays so much attention to detail on what they do on cars as Neal!
. You're quite right! I wish I had known him before I bought my car, he would have been very useful in finding the best out there. I would have struggled without him, during the three years I had my car.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Cleaning out my alfa work shop got these surplus Alfaholics exhaust parts for sale. View attachment 936048
I’m going to have to ask... how do you end up with over a grands worth of some of the best quality exhaust components money can buy surplus to requirements?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well discovered the fuel pump had gone bad after sitting for almost 11 years, managed to find and collect one pretty locally. Fitted the pump, 4 new tyres and new wiper blades, sorted all the Lights washers etc and it was off to the first MOT in a long time. Passed with flying colours so drove my first few miles home after owning the car for a decade and not driving it 50m. Huge grin ear to ear, love the sound, pulls like a train. Just a full respray to go and I'll have a car that finally looks as good as it drives.

1761 - 1780 of 1836 Posts