Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1675 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Fitted rear window straddling spoiler.... Finally...... A very fiddly job but it really does look the business. The rear looks much more dynamic and it is an original alfa romeo part too...... Certainly very eye catching....

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Nice work where did you get them and what's involved in fitting?
They are from TotallyAlfa.com but I’m not sure if they have any left. The foot rest is a straight swap, the accelerator has a plastic cover that unclips at the top and pulls off at the bottom. Line up new pedal and drill a couple of holes. The new pedal is bolted to the original plastic and clips back on. For the clutch and brake pull the rubber cover off, mark where the holes need to go and drill through the metal pedal and bolt on.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
They are from TotallyAlfa.com but I’m not sure if they have any left. The foot rest is a straight swap, the accelerator has a plastic cover that unclips at the top and pulls off at the bottom. Line up new pedal and drill a couple of holes. The new pedal is bolted to the original plastic and clips back on. For the clutch and brake pull the rubber cover off, mark where the holes need to go and drill through the metal pedal and bolt on.
Looks great i have added it to the list of jobs for, 'rovero'

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks for that, to be fair it really sets your car off, well done on fitting it bet it was a pig of a job! Like your wheels s well, are they off a Mito QV?
Thanks for positive comment about 'Rovero' Welshsteve. It was a bit of a riddle. Originally going to glue it on but everyone said it needed to be bolted to c pillar which I initially disagreed with but two threaded holes moulded into the spoiler were pointed out to me sever time so I changed my mind. Did it at the same time as fitting red seat belts for which need to take c pillar trim off and for which got to take most of the rear internals out...... The spoiler is now bolted and bonded so it's a proper job. The wheels are from a giulietta.... 18xx8x40 pirelli p0 Nero pcd adaptors 20mm 5x98 to 5x110.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I took the Spider out yesterday for a visit to a paint guy. I'm getting on top of the mechanical issues (famous last words!) and have a very good interior, and would like to get it looking good on the outside now. There are a number of bodged painting bits around the car, including my own ham-fisted attempt to get rid of stone chips on the bonnet.
It seems like it needs a full re-spray, so the guy asked me if I would want the same colour. Which got me thinking, as I really like the Verde Oasi 341A colour.....
This could get expensive!

I also took the opportunity to give the car an Italian tune-up afterwards, which did it and me a power of good :D

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Fitted new rear Eibachs to go with the front ones that I fitted last year. Actually quite easy and straightforward to do.
UPDATE: been out for a good spin round some of Norfolk’s finest backroads and so far I’m very impressed with the overall result (of Eibachs, Monroes up front and KYB rear shocks). Nice and tight without being ‘crashy’. A worthwhile upgrade in my opinion.

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries December 2019 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win :thumbs:

January Detailing competition now open for entries January 2020 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car :thumbs:

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Registered
482 Posts
Went out for a spin in 'florence' my 04 p3 3.2 gtv. Her character is very different to 'rovero'. Chassis is so tight and the upgraded suspension works a treat. Hit 4k and she really pushes me back in the seat. 2k5 revs and she starts to sing to me.... Wow.. A quick wash and she's now back in the garage.... What a diva......

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I fitted new top hat bushes to the gear change linkage to hopefully cure the reluctance of the gear lever to self-centre. It seems to have worked but I haven't test driven it yet.

I also fitted the Totally Alfa repair section to the fuse box lid as I was fed up with the lid flapping at the front. Its a nice piece of kit which replaces the broken hooks on the front of the lid, and good value at ca. £8. As well as the metal section it includes the epoxy resin, alcohol wipe, mixer stick and instructions needed.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I fitted new top hat bushes to the gear change linkage to hopefully cure the reluctance of the gear lever to self-centre. It seems to have worked but I haven't test driven it yet.

I also fitted the Totally Alfa repair section to the fuse box lid as I was fed up with the lid flapping at the front. Its a nice piece of kit which replaces the broken hooks on the front of the lid, and good value at ca. £8. As well as the metal section it includes the epoxy resin, alcohol wipe, mixer stick and instructions needed.

Mine started not centering yesterday! Is yours V6 or TS?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
V6. I hadn't used it for a month or two and it did get bit better after a few miles but after reading a number of threads on here I thought it would be worth trying the new bushes. TBH the old ones weren't too bad, and there wasn't the corrosion that a couple of other people have found.

1621 - 1640 of 1675 Posts