Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 2628 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I managed to finally extract the disappeared door tweeter and fit it back with its cover and everything. I used all the short words and needle nosed pliers.
Well done! Mine also disappeared on the passenger side of my Spider after I made the mistake of twisting the cover to see if it was tight! :nuts: I'm not relishing the idea of taking off the door card as my experience of trim plugs and clips is that they break immediately when you glance at them......

Any sage advice for a reluctant dismantler?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Busy day
Polished.
Stuck new AROC sticker on windscreen
Went for a spirited drive.
Now got to clean all the flies off the front again.....
I know the feeling: get the car out, polish it, go for a drive, get carried away, arrive home, wash and polish car again! :nuts:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well done! Mine also disappeared on the passenger side of my Spider after I made the mistake of twisting the cover to see if it was tight! :nuts: I'm not relishing the idea of taking off the door card as my experience of trim plugs and clips is that they break immediately when you glance at them......

I managed to do the whole thing from the outside.
put the round trim cover over the pliers.
caught the cables going to the tweeter.
pulled it into view and got it into position.
used the pliers to pull the centre plastic of the tweeter into place and hold the whole thing there whilst.....
slipping the trim round into place, twist it into place, add some glue. sit there wishing I had used quick setting super glue...
Released everything.
Went for a drive.
It stayed put!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Today I shall be mostly Driving from Brentford, home of the Mighty Bees Football Team, to Barnsley. Where I shall watch us lose.
Then drive back.
Hopefully nothing will break or fall off.
If you see a tatty red spider at the side of the road please wave as you pass.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
When you remove all the bolts the door card lifts up easily, do not pull it towards you, slide it upwards, watch out for the internal door handle cable it is short but it is quick release. When you put the door card back on its a lot easier if you lower the window all the way down.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Gearbox oil change today. All done with no dramas... if only every job was so easy.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Drove it up to Worcester and back for a family get together yesterday. 300 miles, mostly motorway but a few A roads to test the acceleration overtaking slowies. It really does fly....

A concerned Alfa driver behind me at one point flashed me and pulled up alongside at a junction to tell me that something was hanging very low under my car - he thought a "like a spare wheel well" or something. I pulled over shortly after and had a look but could only see the exhaust which, admittedly looked low.

Today I jacked it up and had a proper look. The exhaust hangers are a bit perished and the rear box was lower than it might be so I added in a spare rubber hanger which pulled it up a cm or two.

I had bought a couple of NOS rear shocks a few months ago, as they were being sold off cheap, by Partsworld (£72 the pair seemed pretty good) thinking they would be handy one day. I decided on a whim to fit them today, and am glad I did. One of the old ones was in reasonable condition but the other was completely shot - no pressure at all in it and a dodgy gurgling sound when it was pushed in and out. I think I may investigate the front ones soon!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Suffering from a severe case of busso deprivation here. Dropped off at the body shop three weeks ago for raggazon exhaust and autodelta rear apron fitting and still not got it back. I was told they were good but slow!

So today looking at the small pile of bits I've accumulated to fit when it's back. ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Drove it up to Worcester and back for a family get together yesterday. 300 miles, mostly motorway but a few A roads to test the acceleration overtaking slowies. It really does fly....

A concerned Alfa driver behind me at one point flashed me and pulled up alongside at a junction to tell me that something was hanging very low under my car - he thought a "like a spare wheel well" or something. I pulled over shortly after and had a look but could only see the exhaust which, admittedly looked low.

Today I jacked it up and had a proper look. The exhaust hangers are a bit perished and the rear box was lower than it might be so I added in a spare rubber hanger which pulled it up a cm or two.

I had bought a couple of NOS rear shocks a few months ago, as they were being sold off cheap, by Partsworld (£72 the pair seemed pretty good) thinking they would be handy one day. I decided on a whim to fit them today, and am glad I did. One of the old ones was in reasonable condition but the other was completely shot - no pressure at all in it and a dodgy gurgling sound when it was pushed in and out. I think I may investigate the front ones soon!
Good plan - worn out shocks creep up on you and when they are replaced, it makes a big difference to ride and handling.
Standard shockers on the back is best IMHO, with uprated on the front helping to control the weight of the v6.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I managed to do the whole thing from the outside.
put the round trim cover over the pliers.
caught the cables going to the tweeter.
pulled it into view and got it into position.
used the pliers to pull the centre plastic of the tweeter into place and hold the whole thing there whilst.....
slipping the trim round into place, twist it into place, add some glue. sit there wishing I had used quick setting super glue...
Released everything.
Went for a drive.
It stayed put!
Thanks for that - I'll get the old needle noses out this week! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
When you remove all the bolts the door card lifts up easily, do not pull it towards you, slide it upwards, watch out for the internal door handle cable it is short but it is quick release. When you put the door card back on its a lot easier if you lower the window all the way down.
Many thanks for the tips - wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Dropped the GTV off to garage to have centre silencer added to Wizard backbox. I'm also getting the aircon leak fixed in readiness for Spring Alfa Day Show this Sunday !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Replaced the rear discs and pads and flushed through the brake fluid for new.
Replaced the engine cover for one in better condition and cleaned up the cambelt cover
Replaced the electric aerial

·
Registered
4 Posts
Collected Alfa GTV from Kevin and team at Sussex Alfa Romeo today after an engine swap. Was close to scrapping my GTV as an uneconomic repair before I found Sussex Alfa Romeo. GTV its now back home and running great with a new lease of life :thumbu p:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Refitted the NSF front wing on the Spider as the alignment was rubbish with the door on the passenger side, shims fitted properly and it all looks good. Thought while I was doing it I'd take the OS one off as well to see the state of the bodywork behind it, cue sheared bottom wing securing bolt... Thankfully bit of cleaning up, heat and mole grips the remains came out nice and easily with no damaged bodywork threads.

Note to self...if it isn't broke don't fix it

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
After reading all the good reports on other threads here I have just fitted the Alfaholics short shifter for the gear change. It was very easy to fit.

I haven't been out to test it yet but will give it a good go tomorrow going to work :) It feels more precise just shifting through the gears at standstill in the garage.

EDIT: Just driven in to work:thumbu p::thumbu p::thumbu p:. It feels much more sporty, and changes are quicker. I like simple mods like this :classic:

·
Registered
199 Posts
changed both N/S cv joint boots, not too bad a job. took a bit longer than I planned, but the biggest surprise was how easy the hub nut came off!!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Picked Alfa up from garage with repaired aircon. I've had a non-functioning aircon since I bought her and it was all down to a simple O ring failure. Lovely and cool now in this lovely sun !

Also had a centre silencer fitted to the Wizard set up as it was a tad too loud for me. Now it's too quiet and it's lost the rasp :(

41 - 60 of 2628 Posts