Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2628 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I picked up the high tensile nyloc nuts and a few washers that I'd been waiting for to rebuild the rear suspension, quite a bit cheaper than Alfa so worth the 3 week wait!!! Looking forward to finally rebuilding it all.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I have 2 black roof linings that are for sale.
And I might have a black carpet.
I did this to my old black twinny too, I like the black but I've got red interior now which I don't like as much.
I'll get the wheels (17" tele's) powder coated and I have a perfect condition centre console and tunnel from another car to put on mine.
I've just sent off for a load of fabric samples for re-covering very the headlining and keeping an eye out for some black visors on eBay. I've got a new interior to fit so may swap the carpet when the seats are out. Torn between red and black at the moment but as ever mechanical work takes priority over cosmetics and I've got engine oil & filter, gearbox oil and 5 litres of paraflu on their way, new front shocks plus Eibachs in the garage and 4 calipers away being sand blasted...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Today I led under the car with my phone up under the exhaust manifold trying to film where the heck the water leak is coming from before cycling to work.

Seems to be from the drivers side... dripping on the corner of the block. I can only assume its from the water pump, which was changed last year along with belts :thinking:

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Inevitably having had the air intake hose off and running the car without a clip the engine management light is on probably informing me of an air leak somewhere. Fortunately the garage over the road let me borrow their scanner so I can read and clear faults.

·
Registered
Alfa 145, Spider, Chrysler Delta
7,120 Posts
got it insured and taxed :happy:

then had a little drive, not to far as it was the first time in five years apart from a trip to the MOT tester in November.

Now the fettling truly begins......

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I have 2 black roof linings that are for sale.
And I might have a black carpet.
I did this to my old black twinny too, I like the black but I've got red interior now which I don't like as much.
I'll get the wheels (17" tele's) powder coated and I have a perfect condition centre console and tunnel from another car to put on mine.
Interested in the black carpet if you do have a set for sale. Never seen a black roof lining, got any pics of one fitted?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Interested in the black carpet if you do have a set for sale. Never seen a black roof lining, got any pics of one fitted?

There are some pics on Squadra 916 if you find PKR's thread on re-covering the headlining.

·
Registered
500 Posts

i'll get some photo's at the weekend.
one is off the car and one is still in the car, they both need a clean but there is no damage on them.
i'm sure i have a black ph2 GTV carpet, i might also have a Ph1 GTV carpet in black.
i have a ph2 spider breaking here that has a black carper too.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
i'll get some photo's at the weekend.
one is off the car and one is still in the car, they both need a clean but there is no damage on them.
i'm sure i have a black ph2 GTV carpet, i might also have a Ph1 GTV carpet in black.
i have a ph2 spider breaking here that has a black carper too.
Sounding good!! I have a ph2 GTV.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Went for a short trip out on Saturday but had to return. Master cylinder leaking.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Refitted all the radiator fixings, pipes, cable, clips and mounts.
Trapped the bonnet release cable under the fan.
Took the fan out.
Refitted the fan without trapping anything.
Filled it with coolant, ran her to temp and all is well!
Go me.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
An emergency bodge to stem oil leaking onto my formerly pristine drive, after the corner of the cam cover cracked following a cam belt change last week... ?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Flushed the engine with an oil additive then drained the oil and refilled. New wiper blades and topped up the antifreeze/coolant after draining and flushing yesterday. Extra chuffed as I actually used not one but two of the bits I've had sat in the garage for years that I bought because "they might come in useful one day" :hehe:

Reactions: Unclejam and cgc

·
Registered
199 Posts
New wishbones & powerflex droplinks installed. only to find a pin hole in the outer CV joint boot, on well a job for Tuesday!! but at least I got it early before any damage has been done.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well technically yesterday - collected from MoT. Passed! That's three years on the bounce with no work required! Had to do a bit of fettling of the brakes before taking it in as it has been sat for a few months.

Currently thinking on jobs to do over Easter:

Oil and filter change
Coolant change
Wax it
Investigate rattly cat

Oh yes and drive it somewhere - only did about 400 miles last year!

Next main job will be de-rust and treat the suspension bits and check sills.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Fitted new front suspension drop links (mot advisery) and wondered why I didn't replace them last year when replacing lower wishbones!
Replaced rear brake discs and re-greased sliding calliper pins.
Fitted new airbox cover (used part) as two lugs on mine had snapped off!
Inspected exhaust system. It has a few pin holes next to the bracket which holds the first section which comes from the manifold which I thought was odd! Has exhaust paste at the moment! Whole system looks bad. Ordered complete system (apart from cat) including CSC stainless mid and rear.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well technically yesterday - collected from MoT. Passed! That's three years on the bounce with no work required! Had to do a bit of fettling of the brakes before taking it in as it has been sat for a few months.

Currently thinking on jobs to do over Easter:

Oil and filter change
Coolant change
Wax it
Investigate rattly cat

Oh yes and drive it somewhere - only did about 400 miles last year!

Next main job will be de-rust and treat the suspension bits and check sills.
That's not enough miles - must do better as many of my teachers used to say.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Busy day
Polished.
Stuck new AROC sticker on windscreen
Went for a spirited drive.
Now got to clean all the flies off the front again.....

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
A good wash and clean ready for the East Anglia Alfa meet tomorrow

21 - 40 of 2628 Posts