Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2481 - 2500 of 2522 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Tried to finish bleeding the bloody brakes ... Eezibleed cap keeps popping off the reservoir (pressure is 12psi ... so well within spec). Thread engagement seems ok. Plan B called for - suitable plain ATE brake master cap to be modded to take the fluid feed. The manual pedal pusher is out of action for now ... growl.

·
Registered
420 Posts
HI Rod, did you buy new brackets that secure the various pipes etc or are they cleaned and treated ? Also are those arms with the ball joints on new items as I debating if to buy new ones and wondering what they are like to get hold of ?
The brackets and nuts & bolts have been zinc/Nickel plated in my shed. It was a bit of a learning curve but with most of the bolts unavailable or extortionate prices, I took the plunge and learned to electroplate. As it all progressed, many of the brackets were given the treatment and once I'd got the hang of it, it became quite easy. Consistency wasn't up to professional standards, but it was worth it and the parts will look new for some years.
The arms with the ball joints are new (part 35180 from Autodoc) and were £14.98 each with VAT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Impressive work, I guess it will be perfectly good looking for a long while. Thanks for the info on the ARM, I have been quoted more than £40 for one of those, and suspect it is the exact same item as what Autodoc offer ! I hear Autodoc mentioned many times when parts are the topic.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Impressive work, I guess it will be perfectly good looking for a long while. Thanks for the info on the ARM, I have been quoted more than £40 for one of those, and suspect it is the exact same item as what Autodoc offer ! I hear Autodoc mentioned many times when parts are the topic.
I just looked and the SKF part is currently about £17
Yes, Autodoc.co.uk are good on range and prices, although orders under £140 attract £8.50 delivery, which takes about 10 days as it comes from Germany. Beware of the "safe order" supplement of £3.50 they add if you're not looking.
There are also clone sites of Autodoc.co.uk ((motordoctor.co.uk, buycarparts.co.uk and others) which all work off the main Autodoc company. Similar layout and identical stock levels/prices.
Watch out also - they will list a part and specify the equivalent makers number, and also confirm it will fit your model of car, but when it arrives and is wrong they tell you their information should not be taken as definite! So basically it's your fault for believing them.
Like many big companies nowadays they're great when all is ok, but a complete nightmare to deal with if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Installed new aux belt and idlers plus arb droplink on the driver’s side. Fitted helicoils on cylinder 6 inlet cam cap. Now just waiting for new oil cooler hoses and brake caliper to get the front drivers side corner back on the road again...

·
Registered
20 Posts

Found out about the existence of these foot well courtesy lights and wired them up. Discovered them by pure chance and thanks to a thread on this forum managed to find the hidden connections. A nice warm glow which I really like 🙂

·
Registered
550 Posts
Got my GTV out of winter sleep.

New set of tires, new wishbones, new Dampers for hood and boot, brake fluid and a new battery.
A bit costly but worth it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
tell me about the courtesy-lights please!:oops:
Find everything right here:

Feel the glow 🤩

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today got mine ready for the drop of the sub-frame, so tomorrow will have that done and then it is off to the blasters and power coaters for all the various parts that make up the suspension. Whilst they are being done and I am getting all the other parts together that will be replaced on the refit, it is the
20210330_194318.jpg
task of scrapping away any loose underseal and then retreating the back 3rd of the car. Is that when I ask myself again, why am I doing this ?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Got my V6 out of the lock-up, hadn't visited the car for 4-5months, all good re-connected battery and she fired up (no trickle charger). Brakes were spongy when I put her away after a few runs to try and get rid of brake disc judder, fluid is old so thinking needs a bleed, will fit new front discs and pads....either that or the brake master cylinder is on it's way South....hopefully just air. Bit of mildew starting on dash (as had not bothered swopping Pingi's) so full interior valet and wash and she is looking good for the new season! (need to decide whether to keep her as was thinking of selling this year) but she she is now gleaming at me on the drive!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Took my 2000 GTV TS over to my local indie (Andy Blake - Northampton, friendly, knows what he doing, reasonable rates, honest) to get her up on his lift to inspect underneath. I’ve had it since last August, Vela blue, 41,000 miles. Spotless bodywork (almost), aftermarket exhaust sounds fantastic.
Anyway, had a good close look underneath and with big sighs of relief he says it’s in fantastic nick, hardly any corrosion. He showed me where the 916 usually goes, but just some very minor spots on mine. The only thing he picked up on was one bush on one dog-leg that had started going and getting close to rear sub-frame, and both spring-pans will need sorting in future, but doesn’t need doing straight away.
Do I go Powerflex for the dog-legs or OEM. Decisions, decisions.
Very pleased of Kettering😀

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Today I ‘ave mostly been painting stuff...

Reactions: markymarkspider

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
And some red stuff too...

Reactions: markymarkspider

·
Registered
60 Posts
scraped the passenger side of mine whilst parking this morning.... stoopid.... now I definitely need to get the full respray done. if anyone knows of a good condition vela blue passenger door for sale I'm listening....

https://flic.kr/p/2kR62Yt

·
Registered
60 Posts
cheers. have dropped them a message but most likely i will do the bodywork myself in the summer and get paint shop to paint the whole car. depends on the condition and price incl. shipping of the replacement door. if door is in really good condition and can get for £60 then will go with it.

2481 - 2500 of 2522 Posts