Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2402 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Always good to fit LEDs in the fog lights before the reflectors burn out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
What size and K bulbs did you use for the fog lights? And did you replace the sidelights with LED as well?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
What size and K bulbs did you use for the fog lights? And did you replace the sidelights with LED as well?
Can't remember the size right now. 6400k does that sound correct? Yes replaced the sidelights, it looks really odd otherwise with their little warm glow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
New clutch fitted by Paul at A for Alfa. I cannot believe the difference it’s made - light as a feather compared with my old (and seemingly very tired) unit. A Q2 diff also went in while the gearbox was out. Thanks Paul, and merry Xmas GTV!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally finished doing the floppy door handle guys. Changed the spring only to put everything back and then realising that the cable had stretched too! This week I finally cut down a piece of metal sleeve to place inside the inner door handle mechanism and put it all back together for about the 7th time. All nearly finished and then realised I'd forgotten the tweeter connector. After much cursing I have just the courtesy light assembly to do tomorrow (I'd had enough) BUT the handle is working 100%!

Another typical Alfa problem struck off the list and only 15 more to do:)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Just finished re-trimming my A, B and C pillar trims using grey headlining material from Woolies (Brushed Nylon Headlining).

It’s a shade darker than the original material - but as mine were covered in mould this is a big step forward. The Woolies headlining material is foam backed, and 1 metre is plenty to cover all six panels.

74AEC169-ACCC-41FA-86A7-EA7A28AEAE4A.jpeg IMG_1594.jpeg

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Checked the oil & coolant - all looks good still. Had a look to see if the rear windows were bonded in correctly as I’m not sure the front is.

Wanted to start thinking about tackling the rear de-mist, but at 0.2 degrees... I decided it was much too cold for that.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Oil change on the GTV and new wishbone and TREs on the Spider plus 4 new tyres fitted and tracking done.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
386 Posts
Got some new wheels for the Twinnie, one of the old wheels was found to be buckled when I got tyres put on, and needs straightening. I used this as an excuse to get some wheels I preferred. New ones are the multispokes.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
386 Posts
Forgot to mention, if anyone would like the old wheels and Spigot rings, Stilauto Mod Racing Cs (bearing in mind at least 1 needs straightening and would need a refurb), then send me a PM

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ordered a pair of Lambretta (Scooter, yeah) brake shoe return springs to replace the rear caliper handbrake widget springs on the the TB. Postage costs more than the bloody springs (1.29€ each, 3.50€-ish postage). But vastly cheaper than new AR items. And quicker!

Not really "done" so much as removed the one that was not AWOL on the car, measured up, and decided Lambretta bits would do just fine.

Soon, I can actually bleed the whole system and test me pizza-sized front discs (ok, only 13-annabit inch discs ex 147 GTA, but still!).

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I bought my stainless springs from a Lambretta parts supplier, I think they were £3 the pair. Was a while ago though.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Today I finally knocked a hole in what was an immaculate door card with the belt buckle. Sod it.
Little seat belt press stud / buttons on ebay.... Insert into seat belt just below where the seat belt buckle should stay when seat belt returned iie at the top and that will stop the buckle falling down and jamming between seat and door.. About 99p each plus pp. Best do all seat belts as it will stop the rears rattling too.. 🍀 Alternatively there are clips on ebay to do the same job if don't want to insert into seat belt🍀

2341 - 2360 of 2402 Posts