Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2196 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Went from this -

To this -

To this -

A small imperfection on an engine block - that can create a great deal of work. Not all in a day though!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Twinnie in a phase 3 or?
Yes - PH3 with a Twin Spark. A very rare beast it seems and one of a very small number made. It's a mixed blessing. As I discover all sorts of strange combinations like....the rear suspension is basically a late V6 car. The front is a JTS. But it complies with London ULEZ so that's why I have it.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
170 Posts
Yes - PH3 with a Twin Spark. A very rare beast it seems and one of a very small number made. It's a mixed blessing. As I discover all sorts of strange combinations like....the rear suspension is basically a late V6 car. The front is a JTS. But it complies with London ULEZ so that's why I have it.
Honestly sounds best of both worlds! I am 6'4 so needed a phase 3, cannot comfortably drive a phase 1 or 2, JTS engine is nice to drive but a headache to own. A twinnie sounds easier to live with for sure!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went from this -
View attachment 942910
To this -
View attachment 942911
To this -
View attachment 942912

A small imperfection on an engine block - that can create a great deal of work. Not all in a day though!
Honestly sounds best of both worlds! I am 6'4 so needed a phase 3, cannot comfortably drive a phase 1 or 2, JTS engine is nice to drive but a headache to own. A twinnie sounds easier to live with for sure!
I also own a JTS - lovely now I have sorted its problems out, which included a failed ECU and try and get one for it! Now its working it is a joy to drive and just treated it to an Alfaholics exhaust (mid and back section) yet to fit it and it is a thing of beauty!

don't

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Spider was in the garage for a new front lower arm, new rear brake pipes and a brake caliper for the MOT at CP garage in Dundee. I’ve got some new/replacement goodies from Totally Alfa and Alfa City to fit over the winter and other minor jobs. I’ve decided to keep it taxed over the winter for some dry day runs seeing as it sat in the garage during lockdown, pending anymore travel restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just took delivery of Alfaholics rear and mid section s/s exhaust for my JTS - That should keep me busy. Anyone had experience of fitting one? PS - it looks a work of art.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes - dead easy they fit as well or better than OE. I'd suggest new sealing rings and new hangers.

It's generally easier to unbolt the hangers from the chassis rather than to try to get the rubbers off. Don't forget to support the front section.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Yes - dead easy they fit as well or better than OE. I'd suggest new sealing rings and new hangers.

It's generally easier to unbolt the hangers from the chassis rather than to try to get the rubbers off. Don't forget to support the front section.
Sound advice, I’d add that before you start the engine you clean off any greasy finger prints with brake and clutch cleaner (not fluid!) as they could bake onto the nice shiny stainless steel. That’s what I was advised by someone who knew.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sound advice, I’d add that before you start the engine you clean off any greasy finger prints with brake and clutch cleaner (not fluid!) as they could bake onto the nice shiny stainless steel. That’s what I was advised by someone who knew.
Great advice guys - I will take my time and get all the right bits. Would be a shame to fit to find need to change hangers afterwards. Let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
In advance of changing the wishbones at the weekend I attached the lower pinch bolt today and fitted new ones. What a pain in the bum. Dremel, impact wrench and sledge hammer! Bolts made of genuine cheese with non standard heads. Way to go Alfa.....

·
Registered
285 Posts
New front wishbones fitted and camber adjustment bolts fitted too.
It'll need alignment anyway after the wishbones and last time the front NS camber was fair bit out.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Reached another milestone in the GTV... and the Spider failed its MOT; nothing major, oust a wishbone, rear wheel bearing and a brake hose but they found a problem with the balance belt and recommended that I’m either very careful or don’t drive the car until I’ve had the belts done. It’s due the belts next month so not too bad.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
How did they find a problem with the balance belt? It is under a cover normally. I have seen it, not on mine, where the balance belt had broken but had curled itself up away from the cam belt, just! But it was only discovered when the cam belt covers were off.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
The cover itself has a fair sized crack in it (something else I need to replace) and they said you can see one of the tensioners but no belt.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I just took delivery of Alfaholics rear and mid section s/s exhaust for my JTS - That should keep me busy. Anyone had experience of fitting one? PS - it looks a work of art.
Easy to fit. I got unsilence mid and silenced rear, does improve the performance along with green cotton air filter. I also put in an Alfaholics down pipe between pre cars and maniverter and that made a significant improvement. The engine became more eager and seemed to run much smoother. Jts is a good car but need to use system cleaner addative from time to time and high octane fuel.... 🍀

·
Registered
655 Posts
Fixed my passenger door lock by swapping out the faulty actuator with a good one from a spare driver's side lock. Now the locks are working perfectly. While I was at it, I sprayed copious amounts of white lithium grease on the window lifter mechanism - curing a horrible squeak as the window powers up and down. That's a good day - two nice fixes, zero money spent!!!

2101 - 2120 of 2196 Posts