Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2196 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I found it funny that a model company copied the faded speaker covers. Looks good Jeremy I tried Autoglym Black stain which did absolutely nothing on them. I used black flock on my 3rd brake light cover, that came out great.
Spent a few minutes today restoring the colour of my faded rear speaker grilles. They'd faded to a rather fetching purple colour (or who knows, maybe they were painted that colour) - but a quick spray over with Plastikote matt black soon had them looking like new again. Another item ticked off the GTV to-do list!
OTTO 1:18 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 OT335

·
Registered
523 Posts
Spent a few minutes today restoring the colour of my faded rear speaker grilles. They'd faded to a rather fetching purple colour (or who knows, maybe they were painted that colour) - but a quick spray over with Plastikote matt black soon had them looking like new again. Another item ticked off the GTV to-do list!

View attachment 942538
another option is to buy black women's tights, cut and stretch over the speaker covers! I did this a couple of years ago after seeing a thread on it somewhere.......!

·
Registered
857 Posts

View attachment 942538
I mine faded to cream colour........ Looked quite good 😊🍀

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re-proofed the hood with Fabsil Gold on Monday. It was tested overnight and is beading well. I will give it another coat on the next dry day as I appear to have missed some bits!

·
Registered
634 Posts

Popped it onto SORN as looks like the 4 month old Cambelt is starting to shred for unknown reasons.
Looks like I might have found why it sounds like its running on 5 cylinders.

Something to deal with in spring...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Collect spider twinnie from garage after new belts fitted. Exhaust cam was out of alignment which caused rough idle and lacklustre performance. Also found water pump not fitted correctly so slight water leak and variator not sealed so small oil leak. Now engine smooth and more responsive. Next job is sports filter and ss exhaust, drilled grooved discs and p3 wheels. 🍀👍

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Or buy 20cm speakers which sit flat on top and the cone fills the hole.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alfa Spider Phase 3
1 Posts
I’ve replaced the gear knob. That was a task. Also the steering wheel badge the petrol cap and the armrest storage unit. It’s been pampered and had a gearbox refurb the other month so like my Mrs it’s skinting ne

2081 - 2100 of 2196 Posts