Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1578 Posts

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Many of the models on here have a ''What did you do to your .......today'' thought it might be interesting here for our beloved 916s.

I'll start the ball rolling.

I have a Busso Spider and she was due an annual service:

1. Changed the oil and filter
2. Put a foam Pipercross (lifetime) filter in to replace the old paper job.
3. Flushed out and replaced the coolant
4. Replaced the thermostat. For sometime I thought that she didn't run hot enough, particulalrly noticeable in the winter months. And sure enough the 'stat was open very slightly, about 3 mil. She now warms up quicker and runs hotter.

All in all a good days work :)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Drove the V6 GTV in tandem with my co driver in the GT to autolusso south for.... Quaife,cambelt,alternator..

Oh and wishbones..(wasn't expecting those)

Then parked the GT up and chose due to good weather to drive my TS spider home...

Lots of fun!! :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good thread!

I rubbed down, etched, primed, painted and lacquered my Airbox undertray made by Gary (forum member) ready for installation. I also replaced the MAF which was a successful trial having plugged in and done some monitoring of O2 and air flow readings the last few weeks (was running rich and I am now not).

My GTV V6 is like a spoiled child. It clearly knows I need and want to work on my 75 but intervenes at all times and knows that I cannot ignore it. Did manage to remove the lower arms today on the 75 with a bit of blow torch action on the nearside. Offside came off very easily!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I managed to finally extract the disappeared door tweeter and fit it back with its cover and everything. I used all the short words and needle nosed pliers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
GTV in for Quaife, flywheel and GTA clutch at Auolusso Penrith. One of those days where you wish you'd had it with you - abundant sunshine, spotting a new Guilia for the first time, another 916 GTV and an Alfetta GTV in the space of 1 hour. Non worthy of a wave when driving the KIA family wagon. :grumpy:

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
GTV in for Quaife, flywheel and GTA clutch at Auolusso Penrith. One of those days where you wish you'd had it with you - abundant sunshine, spotting a new Guilia for the first time, another 916 GTV and an Alfetta GTV in the space of 1 hour. Non worthy of a wave when driving the KIA family wagon. :grumpy:
Aah but just wait until you get it back - it'll have been transformed and you will be amazed at how fast you can boot it around the bends without a trace of torque steer.

This is the best upgrade you can do.

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must confess they are ''improvements'' that are on my to do list; they will have to wait a bit unless the clutch begins to slip.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Replaced rocker gasket and started the prep work on a cup kit for my 2.0 twinny.
Last weekend I replaced the boot seal and took it for a pre MOT inspection (due in July) all it needs is rear top ball joint

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Replaced rocker gasket and started the prep work on a cup kit for my 2.0 twinny.
Last weekend I replaced the boot seal and took it for a pre MOT inspection (due in July) all it needs is rear top ball joint
Where did you get your Cup kit? I'd like to do the same to my Twinnie.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Where did you get your Cup kit? I'd like to do the same to my Twinnie.
The kit was on a green ph2 twinny I bought about 2 1/2 years ago I removed it and now I'm spraying it black to put on my own twinny, it's a genuine kit and I also have a genuine rear window straddling spoiler to go on

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The kit was on a green ph2 twinny I bought about 2 1/2 years ago I removed it and now I'm spraying it black to put on my own twinny, it's a genuine kit and I also have a genuine rear window straddling spoiler to go on
My Twinnie is black as well. Post some pictures when it's done or if you change your mind and decide to sell your Cup kit let me know :thumbu p:

·
Registered
500 Posts
My Twinnie is black as well. Post some pictures when it's done or if you change your mind and decide to sell your Cup kit let me know :thumbu p:
i'll post some picture as i go.

you cant get better that a black gtv twinny.

after the cup kit and window spoiler its on to the wheels then exhaust and some tints for the windows, oh and a shiny black centre console

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

after the cup kit and window spoiler its on to the wheels then exhaust and some tints for the windows, oh and a shiny black centre console
I'll look forward to seeing the photos. What are you going to use on the centre console? Are you doing the wheels yourself? Mine is a bit shabby and needs something doing to it but not sure what. Have you got a phase 1 or 2?

At some point I'm planning to dye my carpet black and re-cover the headlining in black as well... really good guides to doing both on Squadra 916 curtesy of PKR.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I enjoy reading the 'what have you done to your.....today' threads, and I've often wondered why there wasn't one in the GTV/916 lounge. Good to see it up and running :)

·
Registered
500 Posts

I'll look forward to seeing the photos. What are you going to use on the centre console? Are you doing the wheels yourself? Mine is a bit shabby and needs something doing to it but not sure what. Have you got a phase 1 or 2?

At some point I'm planning to dye my carpet black and re-cover the headlining in black as well... really good guides to doing both on Squadra 916 curtesy of PKR.
I have 2 black roof linings that are for sale.
And I might have a black carpet.
I did this to my old black twinny too, I like the black but I've got red interior now which I don't like as much.
I'll get the wheels (17" tele's) powder coated and I have a perfect condition centre console and tunnel from another car to put on mine.

1 - 20 of 1578 Posts