Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8981 - 9000 of 9023 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
On the positive side I took a punt on RaceChip throttle box for a 2.0L Jtdm that was on eBay in the offchance it'll work on my 1.9L Jtdm.....
Asked Racechip about comparability and they were a bit Vicky Pollard about it "Yeah, but no, but yeah!"
Anyway...it does, and what a difference it makes, well chuffed, thank you to the fellow AO member that sold it

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Had part of my exhaust shear off on the motorway!

Need a new centre pipe if anyone can help - p/n 51763344

On the plus side it sounds much better!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I had mine let go at the Y join. Left it at my Indys and he'd gotten someone to weld it back on. Saved a fortune on new exhaust parts.
So where the exhaust comes down the passenger side, where it branches off to go to the drivers side back box, it'd gone there.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,401 Posts
After several months of light use (short trips once or twice a week) I decided to charge the batteries of both cars. Mine was starting ok but it has got the biggest battery that will fit (115 size)and is a stop start spec AGM one. My wife's car (A Class) still has its original 16 year old Mercedes battery and I noticed it starting a little bit slowly. They both took about 4 hours to fully charge..so clearly they were both low (I never checked the voltage) and it was worth doing. Yes the charger is the one Noah used on the Arks engine but it still works fine...unlike both the Ctek ones which both failed after about 2 years. This Halfords one must be 30 year's old...possibly more!
Notice cracked positive terminal cover under red battery charger clamp....that's what happens if you stand on it....oops!

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
190 Posts
On the positive side I took a punt on RaceChip throttle box for a 2.0L Jtdm that was on eBay in the offchance it'll work on my 1.9L Jtdm.....
Asked Racechip about comparability and they were a bit Vicky Pollard about it "Yeah, but no, but yeah!"
Anyway...it does, and what a difference it makes, well chuffed, thank you to the fellow AO member that sold it
Your welcome 👍

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
190 Posts
Replaced all the parking sensors in the rear bumper as one wasn’t working and they were all a mix of genuine and aftermarket. All back together and working fine ........ at the moment 🤞

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I had mine let go at the Y join. Left it at my Indys and he'd gotten someone to weld it back on. Saved a fortune on new exhaust parts.
So where the exhaust comes down the passenger side, where it breaches off to go to the drivers side back box, it'd gone there.
Exactly the same as mine, sadly there's no welding it back, it's paper thin and a different shape after a some miles on the motorway.

Have managed to order a new pipe via eBay, let's hope I don't get stitched, there seems to be none about, and I don't fancy a trip to Royston to collect the only one I can find for sale from a known reputable source.

Reactions: bigjim

·
Registered
238 Posts
Changed the side indicators for the led ones , changed the door opening ones and the boot one for led's and give it a wash and leather off , still can get that arm rest sliding though dunno what it is?

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
190 Posts
I chickened out of removing the crash panel. I took off all the bolts on top and it was still solid, I couldn’t see where else it was held on so rubbed it down in situ and gave it a brush coat with black satin smooth rite. I’m impressed with the result, I’m debating now whether to remove when I get my next time off work and get it blasted and powder coated or just leave it like this? 🤔
The Allen key bolts were the only ones I had, stainless bolts on order

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fixed the leak above the drivers footwell that became apparent due to inactivity with lockdown and also heavy rain.
The robot that applied the seam sealer on the welds between the A pillar and the bulkhead was obviously having an off day as discovered the leak was coming in where the sealer curves around instead of along the weld behind the body comp in upper rear of the dash.
Carpets removed and dried all resealed and watertight again.
Windscreen scuttle drains (3) also cleaned and both corner edge trims replaced-rusted fixings replaced with stainless and new clips.
Undertray modified and refitted -it now has a directional duct that now provides greater cooling airflow to the recently refurbished and now overfilled gearbox.
Full body was given a Compound,Polish and Wax with all the black plastic trim now also restored to as good as new.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Noticed a slight rattle from the rear right the last few days....was expecting to find a worn drop link....instead I found a snapped spring! The original lasted about 6 years these have lasted about 4 ...nice to know that the after market springs are just as good quality as the factory ones. Just for info these are Apex....made July 16 (date is on them) fitted in 2017. Hopefully Apex can supply another pair of them....dont want to replace all 4 just for one snapped spring. If anyone has a spare Apex spring part no 11-72002 I'd like to here from you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Washed her yesterday in the semi decent weather, only to be rained on today.... But took advantage of the garage door to provide shelter to fit my red seat belts to the front as well as the side skirts.

Still got the rear seat belts to fit.... But can't for the life of me figure out how to get to it!! Anyone got any ideas??

Front splitter to go on too.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,674 Posts
Ordered new leather gear stick and hand brake gaiters which I have done on every Alfa I have owned, much better than the PU leather fitted as standard.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Washed and chamois dry..... light cut to remove some of the holograms , spray on detailing wax, glass polish inside and out..... and then Henry had a good sniff around inside. Finally leather clean and feed. Seemed like a good idea as it was the first time I've seen the big yellow ball thing in the sky for what seems like months!!! Entered the Feb detailing comp too.......more hope of knitting fog than winning that but I like to be an active forum member!!!

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
We know that's your car 'alfaitalia', it couldn't be anyone else's.

You could do with some better footwell mats.

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,674 Posts
Started replacing the worn-out aerial base seal.

8981 - 9000 of 9023 Posts