Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8961 - 8980 of 9023 Posts

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Alfaitalia - are those Audi-esque indicators going to be your next modification? ;)

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,401 Posts
Quite cool.....in white they could almost pass for factory. Saw them on eBay a while back...but not for me....

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Drove it all of 10m and realised something wasn't quite right....pulled the handbrake on..... oh.. frozen on! Leaving til next week!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Flat battery again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, since lockdown it’s been a regular occurrence, I’ve picked up a trickle charge and realised it can fit at the apace in front of the battery, so it lives there now lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yep, since lockdown it’s been a regular occurrence, I’ve picked up a trickle charge and realised it can fit at the apace in front of the battery, so it lives there now lol

Yeah same for me. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time

·
Registered
2007 brera 3.2 Misano blue
14 Posts
Changed the pollen/cabin filter, had to go buy a 5.5mm socket to get into it as this was the only size socket I didn't have!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's a French seller who does the clear ones for £25 including postage. But he won't ship to the UK. Which pisses me off. Why list on eBay.uk? Why not say you won't ship? Happy to pay the duty if necessary. I've got the smoked ones and don't like them (on a red car).
Guy
Got mine from Italian eBay took 8 days,easy fit,smoked and look awesome on white car

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Fitted a Dab+ radio adapter thingy today....just a cheap eBay one but it works fine. I'm thinking that a roof or rear as screen mounted external aerial would give me more channels than the stick on screen type one it came with. I don't plan to keep the 159 long enough to make fitting a double din all singing stereo....so this will do.

Then I fixed the leak in my boot by resealing the left tail light.
Then I spent half an hour under the car trying to find the rattle from the suspension right rear......only to find it was the towing strap eye banging against the inside of the spare wheel well over bumps....Oh well at least it was a free repair!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Washed it. Long overdue considering all the salt that’s been put down over the last few weeks.
Hate the sound of grit hitting the underside and side of the car when you’re driving along.
Found more stone chips once it was clean.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
190 Posts
Fitted a Dab+ radio adapter thingy today....just a cheap eBay one but it works fine. I'm thinking that a roof or rear as screen mounted external aerial would give me more channels than the stick on screen type one it came with. I don't plan to keep the 159 long enough to make fitting a double din all singing stereo....so this will do.
View attachment 948908

Then I fixed the leak in my boot by resealing the left tail light.
Then I spent half an hour under the car trying to find the rattle from the suspension right rear......only to find it was the towing strap eye banging against the inside of the spare wheel well over bumps....Oh well at least it was a free repair!
Why are you selling it?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I want a Giulia....the plan was to buy an early Quad last summer. We have a tiny mortgage and the rate is rock bottom to add cash to that...would not have needed to add much as I have a few quid in the "car account"....(money I make from fixing cars and the odd car flip). Then covid happened....what with the potential risk to my job (although I think it will be busier than ever in the caravan trade when we go back what with limited overseas travel) and general uncertainty I have delayed the purchase and I might just use the car account rather than add to the mortgage....which would mean a non Quad Giulia.....I can just about stretch to early 280 Veloce with a few miles on.
I would really like to keep the 159 too...as it's worth about half is sod all an I know I well regret selling it as I love driving that old car!...but I have not got space for another car unless I can persuade one of my non car owning neighbours to use their drive! Time will tell.

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
190 Posts
I finally fitted a pair of tailgate struts to my SW at the third time of asking, fist set was listed for my car but didn’t fit and with the second set .... one of them rattled internally which would have driven me insane
This third set is fantastic 👍
Stabilus 808YZ - £30.12 including postage and fit beautifully. I’m not sure if these are fitted as standard but these were the ones fitted that I’ve just replaced?
Either way I’m very happy, the tailgate lifts when you open it now 👍
I’ll have to put the hard hat on eBay as there’ll be no more head injuries from a falling tailgate anymore 🤣

·
Registered
2007 brera 3.2 Misano blue
14 Posts
Just bought a torx bit extractor set from machine mart, next job get those rusted torx screws out of the engine undertray on the brera so I can change the air filter and have a good look at the subframe, either way it's coming off!!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
You will need conventional extractors as well when all the heads shear of the torx bolts!....which they will.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Had 2 weeks off so used it to change the Cambelt, water pump, tensioner and idler.
Good job as Water pump was leaking.
Whilst the belt was off I whipped the Cam carrier box off to check and clean the lifters, reinstalled it all and put on a new Aux belt and crankshaft pulley as the old one had some cracks in the rubber.
Put it all back together and thought I'd look at the left rear brake caliper ( low performance mentioned at MOT) piston sticky and rusty so not self adjusting making the handbrake mechanism having to move more than the right side.
So 2 caliper rebuild kits ordered and to top it all off discovered broken spring on left rear shock, so 2 Eibach springs on order along with a pair of KYB shocks as I may as well do them at the same time!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

8961 - 8980 of 9023 Posts