Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8881 - 8900 of 9007 Posts

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,674 Posts
Changed the pollen filter which was filthy and the date stamp was from 2010, now the airflow is back to normal. Lubricated all the window channels and the door mirror pivots.
Also changed the Map sensor with an original bosch sensor. The car now picks up much better and for the first time had a front-wheel spin when accelerating from a standstill.
The next part will be the turbo boost valve.

Reactions: Guymcc

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll give it a go when the weather warms up but this will probably be a slippery slope leading to the rest of them getting done!😳

·
Administrator
5,674 Posts
Been chasing some small rattles (with radio off) and so far found the following with the help of the forum. Bonnet rattle due to the catch needing adjustment and applying some black tape to the lock bar. Coolant bottle rattle, some foam applied to the bottle at the back. Still have a few more to find and fix.

·
Administrator
5,674 Posts
Today was the last day to do any jobs on the Alfa for a time as I start my new job tomorrow. So I fitted a new rear number plate, removed the number plates lights, and cleaned them.

Then removed all the rear lights and needed to change both indicator bulbs as the orange coating was flaking off and one brake bulb as it was blackened.

Next removed the boot lights and cleaned the lenses, then applied leather protectant to all the interior leather. Cleaned the interior headliner and A/B pillers.

Finally, touch up painted the wheels to make the kerbing less noticeable until I can have them resprayed sometime in the future.

·
Administrator
5,674 Posts
Took my car to MVC in sale for a full check over. Also phoned Auto windscreens as my auto wipers are not working after they fitted the new front windscreen.
Forgot to mention they came out on Saturday and the guy said that the sensor had not been applied with a new gel, all sorted now.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,367 Posts
Just picked her up from the test centre! PASSED........HOORAY! Straight through.....the only "advise" was slight cracking on my front lower wishbone rear bush.....he said that it has no play...so I don't know why he mentioned it! But as I said before, I like the fact that he's a really fussy tester. She's on the road for another year!

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
The other thing I noticed is that on the certificate the bush issue was described as an "Advisory".....I thought they were "Major" and "Minor" faults since 2018....a major being a reason for fail...and a minor being the same as the old "Advisory".

·
Registered
815 Posts
The fussiness is good really at least you’re now aware of it and it gives you some pre-warning. My garage is much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Drove through a big, deep puddle.... Alarm locking beep seems to have disappeared for now. Anyone know where the sound generator is buried in the car? May need to whip it off and dry it out/test it!
Guy

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Having passed the MOT yesterday with flying colours my trusty 159 decided to play up today....just a little! So up pinged the EML.....my phones Torque Pro quickly diagnosed a low voltage in O2 sensor (Sensor 1 Bank 1)....yet again the same issue....brittle broken wires in the plug that leads to the sensor. Ten minutes soldering....jobs a goodun!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Changed the old vinyl gaiters for leather one.
Had to use a hair drier to stretch the leather so a bit of a fiddle but at the end it fitted ok

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
A while back the left side hinge on my glove box got a bit "wobbly" (scientific term)....so I thought I'd give it a go....another lockdown job! The plastic around the left hinge had cracked......this meant the lid set about 20mm low on the left and a widening gap on the right side of the lid.

To be honest it should have a new or secondhand lid...but I'm not paying fifty quid for used lid...that has faded and does not match. So I pulled two layers apart...made a piece of hardwood to fit and glued it inside the lid. Two small strips of metal with 4 self tappers going into the wood gave made it pretty solid. Don't get me wrong...I would not do a repair like this to anyone else's car and it's a bodge with a capital B!......but it does the job. After the pic I painted the repair black so you don't really notice unless you are looking for it by opening the lid and looking right down.the bottom to the hibe.

Nice even gaps all round!

Edit....I've just looked back at when I asked here how to remove the glovebox when I broke it...it was 29 Jan 2019!....two years ago. No need to rush into these jobs! As I say to my wife "when I say I'm going to fix something...I'll fix it"....no need to remind me EVERY year!"

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Both front door cards off to replace a JBL speaker that had failed (when you tap the cone there was a slight rattle from it, somewhere inside the magnet).
Then removed the rear door card to confirm a leaking seal, now to order a butyl rubber strip for a week or two’s time!

8881 - 8900 of 9007 Posts