Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8861 - 8880 of 8899 Posts

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
148 Posts
Replaced front discs, pads, pads slide pins and anti rattle springs. 305 mm radially mounted Brembo type.
Before...
View attachment 946809
After...and yes my calipers do need repainting!
View attachment 946810
I certainly got my money's worth from the old ones....not much pad left and a good lip on the discs!
View attachment 946811
I had missed quite how bad the centre part of the back of the right side one was....still stopped better than my wife's A class though!
View attachment 946812
Took her for a test drive to bed them in (any excuse to escape from home prison for a little while!)...as usual they were rubbish for the first few miles...but they were bedding in nicely by the time I got home. By pure coincidence, this was the mileage as i parked on the drive!
View attachment 946813
I did not think there would be much interest in a picture thread on how to do it.....but if any one has any questions about the job...just ask!
nice to see a 2.0 with that mileage still going strong. Mines a relative baby at 84,000, Any major issues getting up to that mileage?

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,055 Posts
Nothing at all really...original DPF, original DMF, original injectors, head never been off.. Its had one left drive shaft, one intercooler hose. Still got EGR and swirl flaps in and functioning. Other than that its just been wear and tear items and oil changes....plus tuning and mods (not mandatory!!). The 2.0s had most of the issues of the earlier 1.9 and 2.4 Euro 4 models ironed out. I'll let you know if I'm still happy after next weeks MOT!

Reactions: Guymcc

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
148 Posts
Nothing at all really...original DPF, original DMF, original injectors, head never been off.. Its had one left drive shaft, one intercooler hose. Still got EGR and swirl flaps in and functioning. Other than that its just been wear and tear items and oil changes....plus tuning and mods (not mandatory!!). The 2.0s had most of the issues of the earlier 1.9 and 2.4 Euro 4 models ironed out. I'll let you know if I'm still happy after next weeks MOT!
mill keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞 miles in for MOT on the 29th and then across to Alfatune for. a DPF delete and remap 😃 👍

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Cool....be interesting to see the horse power after. I'm too much of a coward to risk getting caught on the road with no DPF...its £1000 fine that I don't want to pay...especially at the moment while Im furloughed!....and my MOT tester is a real stickler (which I like) and could not be persuaded to pass her with no DPF either......but I know lots on here do get them through...one way or another!!! Also be interested to know how much extra power you get with a remap without a DPF compared to one with it in place....

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
148 Posts
Cool....be interesting to see the horse power after. I'm too much of a coward to risk getting caught on the road with no DPF...its £1000 fine that I don't want to pay...especially at the moment while Im furloughed!....and my MOT tester is a real stickler (which I like) and could not be persuaded to pass her with no DPF either......but I know lots on here do get them through...one way or another!!! Also be interested to know how much extra power you get with a remap without a DPF compared to one with it in place....
Gus told me 210 with DPF left in and 230 with DPF out but much better low end power and acceleration with it removed. As for the MOT ............ it’s being done on the morning of the remap and in 12 months ........... let’s just say ............. it won’t be a problem 🙄 Greta Thumberg wouldn’t approve 😂🤣😂🤣

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,653 Posts
Took my car to MVC in sale for a full check over. Also phoned Auto windscreens as my auto wipers are not working after they fitted the new front windscreen.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Followed up the painting of my rear subframe by doing the front to match....looks pretty smart under there.

While it was in the air I took the wheels of to jet wash the arches and the backs of the wheels....and then I got carried away and jetted the whole under side of the car....and got pretty soaked.in the process. Checked the front end over for the test.....looks good. I've checked everything I can and disconnected my tuning box (it should pass with it fitted but it only scraped through last year so why risk it)...can't check the emissions but if that's ok it "should" pass! Fingers crossed!

Then I could not leave it with a clean underside and a filthy top.....so washed it.....Will look clean for about two seconds in this weather...but there you go!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Corroseal rust neutralising paint followed by a couple of coats of Eastwoods Chassis Black.

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
In guessing you fitted the small QV on the dash?

Last bits of my pre MOT work today. I only just scraped through my emissions test last time...too much town driving before the test ....and then I forgot to give it the usual thrash on the way there.....essential for most dervs now! So I won't forget that this time and just to be double sure I've cleaned my MAF and my MAP sensors....as well as fitted a new air filter....I was quite shocked how dirty it was to be honest. The experts amongst you might be able to tell the new filter from the old one!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
An oil and filter change plus look into a slight drone at speed and grease the handbrake slider pins turns into a bigger bill than anticipated. Unsurprised at a failing wheel bearing at 120k miles at the back but didn't expect a seized calliper. Nice walk home tonight in the rain, repeat tomorrow to collect the car after work. Ho hum.
Guy

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
Sorry to hear about your windscreen woes Paul.
Booked for Saturday to see what they can do. I do not want another new screen as I think the problem is with how they fitted the sensor. I will remove the auto function if necessary.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Replaced one of the ALFA logo door puddle light projectors on my car....I've had them a couple of years but for some reason the drivers side one had gone fuzzy and out of focus...and no amount of playing with it could sort it....a new pair for six quid from China sorted that and leaves me with a spare.

Reactions: paul.o

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Got the car back tonight - all good except the red calliper has been replaced with an unpainted one. So it looks shite. Can anyone recommend a paint to put it right?
Ta
Guy

·
Registered
482 Posts
Got the car back tonight - all good except the red calliper has been replaced with an unpainted one. So it looks shite. Can anyone recommend a paint to put it right?
Ta
Guy
I have used their kit before Really good
Applied two years ago now
Photos taken at the end of September when I changed the discs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have used their kit before Really good
Applied two years ago now
Photos taken at the end of September when I changed the discs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have used this too on my Leon Cupra R Brembos about 3 years ago and still look like new now.

8861 - 8880 of 8899 Posts