Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8841 - 8860 of 8899 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,055 Posts
Not without at least new mounts or spacers under the calipers.

Reactions: Guymcc

·
Registered
390 Posts
I’ve just had the MOT test done on my Brera having been notified it was due on the 10th January 2021. It wasn’t until I got home and looked at the printout that I realized it had only been six months since the last one. Anyone else had this issue and do you think I should get a 50% refund as it's only half an MOT?
Check the MOT details MK06SBY.

Bill 😊

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Who notified you?...the garage. It only takes a few key strokes on the Govs "mot checker"..to at exactly when any MOT is due. So not really their fault.
You still get a full years MOT.....if anything you want to get half the money back for LAST year's MOT....lol!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is this perhaps because of the 6 month extension they gave back in March last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
After replacing my front brakes yesterday...I decided to do the other job do help her pass next week's MOT. On last years test they mentioned the surface corrosion on the rear subframe which was there "but not significantly weakening the structure". So, having removed the lose, rust, dirt and paint, I put a coat of rust neutraliser followed by a coat of chassis black. To be honest when I looked at the subframe its really not that bad....sure its brown...but only a few flakes lifting. But I thought it was best to deal with it....in case I get another fussy tester!. To be honest I thought it would be about 1/2 an hours wire brushing followed by the same amount of painting....WRONG! It was about 1/2 brushing.....but a lot longer to paint. The subframe has more surfaces to paint than you would think for a start....and when I had done it, it made all the arms look rough. So in the end I did two coats on the subframe, both trailing arms and the upper and lower arms. My arms still ache from painting lying on my back.....if I had laid there much longer my wife might have had to chip me off the drive....never got more than a couple of degrees above freezing all day!
I checked all the brake lines/hoses and bushes etc while I was under there....so the rear end should pass the test! Just got to check over the front (probably Monday as lots of places to go and people to see over the weekend....oh hang on..maybe not!). I think I will paint my pretty much rust free front subframe while I'm at it....it will give it some more protection...and (to pacify my OCD tendencies) it will match the freshly painted rear rather better! Got to love old cars!

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,653 Posts
New windscreen fitted yesterday, today removed the scuttle and rear wiper arm cleaned, then used 'Solution Finish black trim restorer'. Resprayed front wiper arms in satin black.
New wiper blades, pollen filter and two window trims being delivered today hopefully. I plan to fit new front and back badges when it gets a bit warmer.............

·
Registered
208 Posts
You look like your getting on well with it (y) , i put the top front chrome facia and badge on together, its only about £39 from parts world , looks good .

·
Registered
10 Posts
New windscreen fitted yesterday, today removed the scuttle and rear wiper arm cleaned, then used 'Solution Finish black trim restorer'. Resprayed front wiper arms in satin black.
New wiper blades, pollen filter and two window trims being delivered today hopefully. I plan to fit new front and back badges when it gets a bit warmer.............
Which parts suppliers do you recommend?

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
I use alfa workshop, parts world, and of course eBay. Partsworld have their own web page but sometimes their eBay shop lists more items for the 159. I also have used Allegro which is a polish version of eBay that sometimes has some crazy prices for alfa parts even with the shipping costs incurred.

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
All parts delivered today and most fitted. Tomorrow pollen filter and interior.

·
Registered
273 Posts
All parts delivered today and most fitted. Tomorrow pollen filter and interior.
Paul, did you replace with new the small bits of trim at the two bottom corners of the windscreen, black piece about 15cm long.., one of mine just wont click in through the two holes for it..and it’s annoying!!

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
The old ones are a one-time fit so after removing them make sure there is no dirt or gunk left behind. Position the new over the screw hole then align the plastic studs with cutouts. Once in position press with your thumb to make sure they are fully fitted in position.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Or just glue them in place with impact adhesive....like mine have been for about 2 years! Don't use anything stronger though....you might want to get them off without removing the paint one day!

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
148 Posts
I made a start on the list of parts required and things to do over the coming months.

Badges front and rear. Ordered

Wheel badges x 4 Ordered

Door mirror glass x 2 Ordered / fitted

Windscreen trims x 2 Ordered

Centre air vent x 1 Ordered

Grab handle rubber inserts x 2 (Found one in the car)

Puddle Light lens inside of tailgate (Sportwagon) need to find the part number

Gas struct for tailgate x 2 (Sportwagon) Ordered / fitted

Pollen filter. Ordered

Bonnet bump stop.

Adjust the windscreens wiper arm at rest positions. Done

Respray the B pillar trims.

Repair curb scrub on wheels.

Repair driver seat leather.

Repair rear window lockout switch. Done

Check/replace all light bulbs.

Clean and feed leather.

Clean and polish paint.