Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8821 - 8840 of 8899 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Taxed it for another year. That means insurance bill will be landing soon.
And LITERALLY 30 seconds later the postie drops the renewal letter through the letterbox! Premium exactly the same as last year. To the penny! Not even going to bother searching around at that price.

Guy

·
Registered
2010 159 2.0 JTDM SW
148 Posts
Fitted a new head unit a pioneer sph 130 DAB plus a screen aerial. Luckily it just connected to the existing loom from a previous pioneer unit as I was dreading trying to wire it in. After removing the dash panel and cutting and filing the hole to the new slightly bigger cage and us ing a glue gun to fasten it tight I’m really happy with the result. The DAB radio is crystal clear and the phone connects instantly to apple carplay 👍👍
DDF7BE2E-DDD3-4060-8FBB-60D18C1633AD.jpeg

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got my MES and idiagnostics cables up and running. Connected up to the Brera and was over the moon to find I can tell it the crappy RadioNav is no longer on the canbus network so stop flashing the odometer at me! Also moved all the menu items that were on the RadioNav to the dash display. All ready to fit my Pioneer touchscreen now, I had it in my old Brera and can't wait to listen to my own music and the DAB again and not just the old school radio and Cd's which I no longer own!

In every other way this Brera was an upgrade over my last one, except the RadioNav - these things cost a fortune from factory, and even back in 2010 they must have been ****!

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,653 Posts
Bought a 159 Sportwagon 1.9 JTDm yesterday started the jobs required today.

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
I made a start on the list of parts required and things to do over the coming months.

Badges front and rear. Fitted

Wheel badges x 4 Fitted

Door mirror glass x 2 Fitted

Windscreen trims x 2 Fitted

Centre air vent x 1 Fitted

Grab handle rubber inserts x 2 (Found one in the car)

Puddle Light lens inside of tailgate (Sportwagon) need to find the part number

Gas struct for tailgate x 2 (Sportwagon) Fitted

Pollen filter. Fitted

Bonnet bump stop. Found one in my spares bin. Fitted

Adjust the windscreens wiper arm at rest positions. Done

Respray the B pillar trims. Done

Repair curb scrub on wheels. Done

Repair driver seat leather.

Repair rear window lockout switch. Done

Check/replace all light bulbs. Done

Clean and feed leather. Done

Clean and polish paint.

Reactions: Holla

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
Came out his morning and found a 15 inch horizontal crack in the windscreen just above the wipers. :mad: New one being fitted this Friday.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,055 Posts
Let's hope they bring the right one....it took Autoglass three attempts to being the right one for my mates 159....in the end they had to order a genuine one from Italy and wait three weeks. None of the pattern brand they usually use were correct. There was a thread with another 159 owner who had a similar nightmare. Hope yours goes to plan.

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
So do I, I had my last 159 windscreen replaced some years ago and they did not supply the lower trims. I have already ordered some as the ones fitted now are broke.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Shiny new parts have arrived for tomorrow's job.... I was going to do a picture "how to" on it....but I'm guessing there are not many on here who don't know how to change 305mm Brembo type discs and pads?.....I might change the brake fluid after.... if the weather is not too cold!

·
Registered
208 Posts
My last 155, auto glass fitted 3 screens in it inn 4 days! They put it in, and caught a piece metal every time. Until they realised what they had done. Lol

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
Oh, joy.

·
Administrator
5,653 Posts
Prior to them coming I am going to remove the wiper arms for respraying + fit some new wiper blades.

Reactions: Guymcc

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had split in the quick connect elbow of one of the two heater matrix hoses on my 3.2 159.

Called a few parts suppliers here in nz, said it would cost 360nzd for a new pair. Found them for 170nzd delivered from alfaworkshop in The uk. NZ is a total rip off for euro parts.
Anyway, had a good look at it, bought a 5/8 elbow for $6 and half a metre of 5/8 heater hose for $5, a few hose clamps.

put the universal elbow in with some hose adjusted To fit, joined it up with some hose clamps.
It will do until I get the hoses from the uk, I’m not paying double from someone here.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Replaced front discs, pads, pads slide pins and anti rattle springs. 305 mm radially mounted Brembo type.
Before...

After...and yes my calipers do need repainting!

I certainly got my money's worth from the old ones....not much pad left and a good lip on the discs!

I had missed quite how bad the centre part of the back of the right side one was....still stopped better than my wife's A class though!

Took her for a test drive to bed them in (any excuse to escape from home prison for a little while!)...as usual they were rubbish for the first few miles...but they were bedding in nicely by the time I got home. By pure coincidence, this was the mileage as i parked on the drive!

I did not think there would be much interest in a picture thread on how to do it.....but if any one has any questions about the job...just ask!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Picked mine up from the bodyshop.
It’s had 4 days of paint correction tlc.
Whole car Flatted and polished to get rid of a few paint defects.
Looks amazing, bar one stone chip looks new.
But just realised my headlights aren’t working. Side lights are but no headlights.:unsure: Coincidence 2 bulbs gone or fault? I’ll investigate tommorow.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
What did that lot set you back £££??? And where from ? Cheers
Only about £80 in total...Blueprint pads and Brakefit discs and fitting kit. All sourced via ebay.. Used them before on other cars (wife's A class and my old Grand Cherokee) with no issues so they should be fine. MOT next week to had to be done!

Reactions: Guymcc
8821 - 8840 of 8899 Posts