Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8641 - 8660 of 8700 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
You’d likely be best leaving the grilles in as clips can break when removed, particularly if rusted as it sounds like yours might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
The two bottom corner bolts sheared on mine, mainly as a previous owner had used self tapping screws instead of the M6 bolts that should be there.
Ended up grinding the M6 captive nuts off as it was easier than drilling, and as a bonus, gave me a valid excuse to buy a Rivnut kit!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've managed to change the main beam bulbs before, but it's bloody difficult, and I've got small hands.
But as the retaining clip came out, this was the only option to refitting it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Took my front bumper off for a respray when I bought my Spider last year. Took the opportunity to photograph the headlights inside so I know what to feel for when trying to change a bulb in future!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did a very, very bad thing.......

Please spare my the hate mail, I know that some of you think this is an abomination but I'm afraid Brenda is the designated practical vehicle and she has to earn her keep, towing racing cars and boats.

I finished fitting the tow bar today and I'm rather pleased with the way it's turned out. As discrete as I could get it so Brenda is still beautiful and has a lovely behind, just that she's now got a little **** plug in it.

View attachment 937976
Just in case I need to tow anything with my Spider ... where did you source the tow bar? Thanks! My other car is a hybrid which can’t tow anything 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not today, but on Thursday took 159 in to Italia Speed near Newbury for them to look over suspension, which over recent months has become distinctly jiggly over ripples in the road. No surprise after 90k miles, and end-Oct half-term the car can go in for any fix.

Found no play anywhere, but tell-tale sprays of rust around 3 of 4 front top wishbone bushes. It’s a cost, but I’ll get it done: expecting to keep the car, so best enjoy the benefit, rather than niggling jiggling till something else goes.

Mind you, it was a timely visit, as a dribble of fluid was traced to a pinhole in the flexi bit of the power steering pipe that runs over the top of the engine then across behind. They thought it only been there a week or so, and it only really squirts on full lock, but still I’ll be getting through fluid till it’s fixed. It’s a ridiculously expensive part, plus the fitting, but as the first serious fault in 5 years, I won’t grumble.

·
Registered
230 Posts
No leaks here, fortunately.

But I did a complete power steering fluid flush this week-end.
First time I used my new hydraulic jack and new stands too.

IMAG0508.jpg IMAG0510.jpg IMAG0511.jpg

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Removed the dpf and deleted it in the ecu. Mpg improvement, car feels a lot more responsive, revs up nicely. Feels amazing to drive :) Legal to do in my country btw

Bonus pic, my friend's alfa 159 odometer.
That shouldn't be legal anywhere in the world :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
LOL....when you see the state of some of the cars on the road in other countries....I think emissions might be the least of their worries!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
LOL....when you see the state of some of the cars on the road in other countries....I think emissions might be the least of their worries!!
Agreed. When we do our MOT test they basically just check your brakes handbrake and lights. They should do emmisions test but they almost never do. If they did half the cars in my country wouldn't be on the road. Even if something is wrong with the test they tell you to better get that fixed and give you a pass. We have much bigger pollutants than cars. Mainly its burning of imported medical waste, factories not implementing proper filters, half the country birning wood and stuff for the winter. My well maintained Alfa isn't the problem.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 JTS Q4 Manual
34 Posts
Not today, but so far..
I've owned my 3.2 JTS Q4 for just over a year..

In no order, so far I have done:

Replaced front upper and lower arms
Replaced PAS reservoir
Switchback front position/indicators
Weather deflectors over windows
Blacked out chromework
Fyralip bootlid spoiler
OEM front bumper extension
Yellowspeed Racing coilovers
20x9 Koya SF06, in Lollypop Grape
Custom steering wheel
Custom gearknob
Quickshift/shortshift linkage

Soon: (have ready, or on the way)

Brink towbar to go on (tow Ducati to trackdays)
Pioneer head unit to replace existing Pioneer headunit
Bi-LED main headlamps to replace the OEM Bi-Xenons
LED projector aux high beams
Custom LED tail lamps
Custom exhaust - cat delete, and rest of system (to replace the wizard? rear muffler-less rear)
OMP Champ-R race seat
Big brake kit; 8 pot front with 380mm slotted floating rotors, 4 pot rear with 330mm slotted floating rotors

Next:

A pair of GT25R turbos.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Out on interest what size 20 inch tyres are those....any clearance issues?

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are 245/35
Rear guards have been 'lipped'.. (I think they actually ground them down a touch from the inside, rather than rolling them.)
My coilovers have adjustable height, and independently, adjustable preload. So allows me to get them set for a nice stance, but stiff enough to not touch.
The wheels, are 20x9 with a +30 offset.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not today, but so far..
I've owned my 3.2 JTS Q4 for just over a year..

In no order, so far I have done:

Replaced front upper and lower arms
Replaced PAS reservoir
Switchback front position/indicators
Weather deflectors over windows
Blacked out chromework
Fyralip bootlid spoiler
OEM front bumper extension
Yellowspeed Racing coilovers
20x9 Koya SF06, in Lollypop Grape
Custom steering wheel
Custom gearknob
Quickshift/shortshift linkage

Soon: (have ready, or on the way)

Brink towbar to go on (tow Ducati to trackdays)
Pioneer head unit to replace existing Pioneer headunit
Bi-LED main headlamps to replace the OEM Bi-Xenons
LED projector aux high beams
Custom LED tail lamps
Custom exhaust - cat delete, and rest of system (to replace the wizard? rear muffler-less rear)
OMP Champ-R race seat

Next:

A pair of GT25R turbos.

View attachment 943075 View attachment 943076 View attachment 943077
Very nice
What shark fin areal did you fit ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very nice
What shark fin areal did you fit ?

Absolutely no idea.
That was on there when I acquired the car, I actually thought it was OEM until it was mentioned to me recently.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yesterday I gave a her good clean and a polish. First time I used a polisher, so I am very happy about the result. And most important, I didn't break anything. Didn't have the time to make nice photos, since it's raining again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks amazing! Love the wheels! That shift knob color wouldn't be my first choice, but that's a personal preference.
Of course.
With the brake calipers as a start point, I decided I'd go for a bright green 'highlight' colour.
So, calipers, gearknob, coil cover (engine cover), have a towring waiting to go on.. and then we have the green holographic light/lens film.
May do a very small amount of bright lime green paint highlights yet.. just not sure where or what..

8641 - 8660 of 8700 Posts