Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8441 - 8460 of 8468 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Pine....not ash Im afraid!!

One of the great urban myths of the motoring world is that Morgan chassis are made of ash, but they’re not. Morgans have – and have always had – conventional steel chassis, but ash is used for the frame: the structure that supports the body...

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
While I was checking the levels on the old girl today I got the urge to clean under the bonnet (yes I am that bored....back to work Tuesday!)....something I've not done before and to be honest it was pretty clean anyway. I polished as much of the mat red paint as I could get to...the underside of the bonnet itself was the dirtiest part and it came up like new. Then used detailing spray on all the dusty black metal and plastic parts. Came up ok.

F

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Looking good!
I had to jump the car a couple of times (new battery too), seems that the +’ve terminal was loose. Ironic as the old battery the -‘ve was loose. Luckily I purchased some battery terminal ‘jackets’/ hats (thin lead covers that sit on the terminals) previously and never got round to fitting, so out one on and it’s nice and secure again, just need to get round to cleaning her again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I'd like to get some of these too. Where did you get yours from? Are there wires to fiddle around with, or is it more like plug 'n' play?

I'd love your two, but I'm in Australia. God only knows how long they'd take to post down under!
Sorry mate I just saw this. Happily will send my pair mate I can get them to you in 6 working days which isn't shabby.

They are a simple plug n' play, not sure if you would use different plugs to us though?

I did, however, in true plug n' play fashion have to file down the edges to make it fit.

HMU if you still want mate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Took the opportunity this weekend to fix my brake calipers. The red paint had started to fade on pretty much the entire calipers and it just looked awful.
I didn't want to repaint them as I doubt I could get the same finnish as factory, and would remove the "alfa romeo" logo, so this difference is with only new clearcoat.

Not bad for £10 if I may say so.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Took the opportunity this weekend to fix my brake calipers. The red paint had started to fade on pretty much the entire calipers and it just looked awful.
I didn't want to repaint them as I doubt I could get the same finnish as factory, and would remove the "alfa romeo" logo, so this difference is with only new clearcoat.

Not bad for £10 if I may say so.
I bought paint, clearcoat and stickers, but if you got this result with just clearcoat, I will try this myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced the 4gas struts on the Spider hood yesterday. Not easy, you need to be a contortionist but I got ther in the end. Now the hood goes up and down so smoothly.
Took off passenger door card today and fixed the rattle....loose window winding pulley. Discovered why passenger door wouldn't unlock. It's a menu setting. Discovered why mirrors had stopped closing when locking the car. Hold the fold mirror button down for more than 3 seconds! It's in the handbook!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

This kind of thread works well on several other forums I use and often sparks some great discussions / ideas. Just post up what it is you've done and feel free to comment on others posts, but be nice :lol:

Today - tracking set to zero toe as recommended on here. Needed doing as it's taken the inside edges off the fronts.
I’m waiting for rear suspension struts I ordered for my 3.2 JTS Q4, when they arrive they’ll be going to my mechanic along with the new rear springs I’ve just got-then he can get it through its MOT. I tried to get it serviced & my grease monkey told me one of my coils had gone-these are getting expensive to buy now :/

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
As well as 8 feet planks mentioned in my recent post...you can also fit one of these in a 159 with fixed rear seat. Collected it and tested it on the beach where I live...crowded beach as you can see!.....great fun...even for an "old man" like me!....to quote my son. He's only jealous that I'm better at it than him!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Was using a bit of red enamel on another job..so took the opportunity to touch in this badge...the red M has been nearly polished to silver since before I owned her! Before and after pics.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Put some petrol in it yesterday. First time since the 19th March (10 weeks).

8441 - 8460 of 8468 Posts