Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8421 - 8440 of 8527 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Long term I want to fit a tan interior (when I can find a sensible priced set without a folding rear seat) as it looks so much better on a red car.....but in the meantime I decided to bring a little bit of the outside colour into the car to brighten it up a tad. Found the stripping in the garage after tidying it out...was left over from my old Audi Coupe. Many won't like it (hello lussoman!)...but I do and is easily removable with no damage. Stop a bit of finishing to do.
Before and after pics attached.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
That looks alright alfaitalia (y)
And I'm with you on a tan interior for a red Alfa - that will look stunning.

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, new member here. I've got a 2006 Brera 2.2 JTS for the last year, and I've done very little with it to be honest (been building a house!).

Trying to get back into it now and spend some money on this! Started by giving it a wash! I've dug the detailing stuff out of the back of the shed, so will be getting stuck in.

The car needs a service, some electrical work (it keeps blowing Fuse 49), and the rust definitely needs pretty immediate attention. Time to get stuck in!

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Although it does not say so in my handbook fuse 49 also covers the rear cigarette lighter. When mine kept blowing once in a while I found it was because of the piece of foil sweet wrapper that my young son had stuffed in there...it was lose enough to move a bit..and when it touched the contacts ...POP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not today - but few days ago: Cleaned the intake valves from carbon deposits in 2.2 JTS engine. This is how it looked before:

and this is how it looks now - after couple of hours of fiddling with very primitive tools - vacuum cleaner and dyi-made hooks and scrapers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Spent the weekend refurbishing a badge plinth from a Brera with replacement (plastic) studs, a polish and a new badge and fitted it to the 159 today. Nice easy job!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Drove it out of the suburb I live in for the first time since lockdown - a 30 mile round trip to see a new client.
Up to that point, I'd just used it for the weekly shop.
Felt good to be behind the wheel of such a stunner again :) :love:

Reactions: kris lee

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
New badges rolled up today...the old ones where faded and peeling ...and these are more in keeping with the red/black theme I've got going at the moment. They were on 5 minutes after they hit the door mat! £4.99 a pair delivered on eBay and they have lots of colour and design choices (inc original style) if anyone needs to replace their old ones.
Before/after pics.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
that's what annoys me about alfa, they never fix stuff that's been broken for years. you still find their modern cars suffer from faded badges, leaking rear doors, handles that break, wiper linkages that are poor design etc etc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Washed the car down, Farcela clay mitted. Then used my rotary polisher with a soft pad and Meguiars Super Polish. Wasnt looking to cut back as want to get the paint depth checked first. It did some correction though.

Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze to follow and then a coat of Natty Red. Took approx 3 hours. Happy with that.
light clean.jpg

·
Registered
304 Posts
Needed to put some fuel in. 2 months for a tank-full is about 5 times as long as usual. Strange times.

But I have noticed a fair smattering of stone chips, so that will need doing... not today, maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I still have over 3/4 tank...last time I filled up was 24 March! Wish I hadn't done it as I would be a lot cheaper to fill it up now!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
...I put £25 in on the 19th March. That took the level to just over half full. Two months later I still have 3/8 of a tank.
One of the few wins.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
In case you have been wondering whether twenty 2.4 metre (8 feet) decking boards and 50kg of cat litter will fit in a 159 saloon WITHOUT folding rear seats (and let's be honest....who hasn't?!!)....the answer is yes. I reckon 25 boards would be about the limit and still be able to drive safely! Thick old curtains and careful packing meant no damage at all as well...phew!

·
Registered
36 Posts
In case you have been wondering whether twenty 2.4 metre (8 feet) decking boards and 50kg of cat litter will fit in a 159 saloon WITHOUT folding rear seats (and let's be honest....who hasn't?!!)....the answer is yes. I reckon 25 boards would be about the limit and still be able to drive safely! Thick old curtains and careful packing meant no damage at all as well...phew!
View attachment 936330 View attachment 936331 View attachment 936332
View attachment 936348
It's a kit AlfaMorgan or Morgan Romeo :)

8421 - 8440 of 8527 Posts