Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8301 - 8320 of 8323 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
What up with the window seal on the driver's door?
They are all going slightly like that..fronts are worst...see it on lots of others too. It's the metal inside the strips coroding and causing the rubber the bulge. Once in a while I take them off...bend then straight...then they look fine for another few months! Needs a new set really....but they are stupid money. I was looking for a set like I found for my Jeep...they were made metal free with plastic internal reinforcement....life time guarantee against going out of shape...but they went bust.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Ok...its one thing after another. As I went to pick up the garage keys from my wife who had accidentally taken them to work with her!!!...the "Antipollution Filter Blocked" text came up and the little exhaust symbol...never seen it before....but im not surprised, for two reasons. Firstly big roadworks near to my house have meant a half hour queue to and from work for the last few weeks...and secondly the car has decided to do the last 3 or 4 regen attempts about 3 mins before arrival at my destination. A full regen takes exactly 10 minis on my car and apparently the warning will pop up after a predetermined number of failed regen attemps no matter how blocked the DPF actually is. So i had to go home the long way to take in the bypass. I set my phone up with my DPF monitor so I could see when regen started (I was prepared to force one with the ALFAobd on my phone if I needed to). I did about 10 miles at about 80 swapping between 4th and 5th. No regen actually occurred but by the time the journey was complete blockage was down from about 150 percent to about 41....light went out when it dropped below 100. Just info really and proof that lots of slow journeys dont help the DPF but a good thrashing does. Cant complain really...first time its done it in my ownership.

Different note...is anyone else noticing the slowing down of the net since the virus made so many work at home....and more importantly the parents letting so many kids steal all the bandwidth playing Fortnite!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes they plug into a normal power socket I have run one ever since I found out that these cars don’t do well sat there not being used, I bought a fairly cheap one called Sreetwise been fine for three years.
I cut the crocodile clips off that connect to the battery and rigged up a typical 12v car plug from the terminals of the battery run it down the side of the engine bay neatly to the front, the other end of the plug to the trickle charger so it makes life easy for me to put it in and off
Care to upload a photo? Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Today I seperated the rear deck and added some black waterproof sealant above the existing rubbish seal. Made a bit of an error by leaving a screwdriver in the compartment when I tried to close the roof when the deck made contact with it. I removed said screwdriver and the roof still closed ok but then when I tried to reopen it I got "temp error" on the dash. Disconnected the battery, reconnected the battery and reset the windows and independant boot etc and all works fine again.

Hopefully that will stop my boot getting water in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Danced for joy! (Well, mentally anyway). My roof has been stopping part-way through its opening cycle since last summer, needing a double press.
My Indy told me that it probably needed the gas-struts replacing (never realised it had gas struts!).
Looking for info. on how to do this I tripped across a Youtube video posted by the AA showing the manual roof closing process (I posted a link earlier today).
It said to make sure that the manual relase cable is fully pushed in (found in the cubby box behind the driver's seat). I did that and the roof works perfectly!
Sooo happy as it saved me a lot af work, expense and frustration in replacing the gas struts only to find that it probably wouldn't have cured it.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Looking good Liam (y)

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
You've a job to tell that the tips are actually chrome on mine, they're in such a state.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got the "Antipollution Filter Clogged" message on my dash yesterday. That's what happens when the only trips you're allowed make these days are short, essential visits to the supermarket.

Anyhow, thanks to advice on some old posts here, I took the 159 for a "spirited" motorway spin. Message disappeared within 5 mins. :giggle:

8301 - 8320 of 8323 Posts