Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8241 - 8260 of 8271 Posts

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Mirrors look great alfaitalia - they go nicely with the other silver bits - wheels, handles etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had a new MOT for the 159 passed, just one advisory rear lhs brake slightly binding as she had been out in the rain for a couple of days, hit the middle pedal hard on the way home, that sorted it!
Also had the car polished (thanks alfaitalia as recommendedby you) and a ceramic coating applied, a full 10 hours of work but the results are wow better than I expected!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
been to see about a replacement for her. wasn't overly surprised when i was offered 500 quid p/x, the girl was shocked it was so low for such a nice car. webuyanycar come up with 900 sheets.
so it's either a lease, pcp or a loan from my brother for a giulietta qv (black, not my go to colour)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Gearknob came loose and wobbly in the week, tightened it back up this morning and went for a blast to make sure it was nice and steady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Finally replaced what I suspected was a dodgy number 1 injector connector, on removal it was much worse than expected

Also fixed the dicky connection on the electric mirror switch that wasn’t moving up and got the front fogs working as they’d never worked after replacing with non alfa units a while back
Oh and cleaned the TMAP sensor and throttle body while my hands were dirty

Took her for a blast, running a lot smoother with much quicker pick up, not surprising bearing in mind the condition of the injector connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
86,621 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries January 2020 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win (y)

February Detailing competition now open for entries February 2020 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car (y)

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Another day....and a new problem...not one that stops her running though....never had one of those in any ALFA (crossed fingers!). A few days after I fixed the broken wires on my exhaust oxygen sensor (for the 4th time!) I get a P2084 pop up on the AlfaOBD! Exhaust gas temp sensor....the one further down the DPF (O2 lambda sensor is on the top under the shield if you need to know!!). Its not a case of too high/low a temp as it only happens when I first start her up. A quick look at the wires reveals no obvious break but I will look closer before buying another. Will also pop the sensor out and give it a good clean....ever hopeful. If not I will be buying another. £55 for a simple temp sensor...even a pattern one...theivin' robbin' bast……! Anyone else had issues with a P2084 on a 2.0 JTDm??

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
...and today's problem is.....! Well more of an annoyance that a problem. The bleep that happens when you lock or unlock has become near silent...you can just about hear it when you are right next to the car if there is no other noise. Where is the bleeper? Not had time to look for it yet. I can't help thinking it might have had something to do with the deepish water is had to drive through this morning as it started soon after. The water was only about 6 inches deep and I drove slowly...but my car is very low. Anyone got any ideas? The alarm works fine and the indicators flash...just a very quite bleep!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Sold the old girl today. Pick up the QV tomorrow.
I'll still lurk about the place but will mostly be over on the Giulietta forum.
This'll be my third Alfa.......

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Congratulations Jim (y).
Put some pics up when you get your latest Alfa.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
...and today's problem is.....! Well more of an annoyance that a problem. The bleep that happens when you lock or unlock has become near silent...you can just about hear it when you are right next to the car if there is no other noise. Where is the bleeper? Not had time to look for it yet. I can't help thinking it might have had something to do with the deepish water is had to drive through this morning as it started soon after. The water was only about 6 inches deep and I drove slowly...but my car is very low. Anyone got any ideas? The alarm works fine and the indicators flash...just a very quite bleep!
I drowned the siren on my 147 by jetwashing it, think it was under one of the front arches, but can't be sure.

After a few days it worked fine again, at least until I disabled the locking beeps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been a busy week on my 2.4 2010, but it was well over due.
Front Subframe off and sandblasted treated (POR15 x 2 coats), new engine and gearbox stabilisers added. 2 new front swing arms. New Rear red callipers, brake discs, pads and brake hose, new brake fluid and all flushed. Repaired hose from dpf (found a split hose when removing the subframe), all seats out to fit the two new handbrake cables, had a new seat cable and handle fitted by an upholsterer as one was snapped. Front bumper off, removed all 4 grills, sandblasted and repainted (POR15), broken headlight washer replaced. Sorted dodgy dodgy ballast out whilst accessible. Two new 18’ continentals on the front, tracking and alignment, air con regassed, 2 new front powerflex anti roll bar bushes. Oil and filter change, pollen filter (looked like it had never been done!), diesel filter and air filter. Big put back together with numerous bolts rethreaded etc, good grease and waxoyl. 10 new undertray bolts.
Would like to do the rear subframe next 🤪

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been a busy week on my 2.4 2010, but it was well over due.
Front Subframe off and sandblasted treated (POR15 x 2 coats), new engine and gearbox stabilisers added. 2 new front swing arms. New Rear red callipers, brake discs, pads and brake hose, new brake fluid and all flushed. Repaired hose from dpf (found a split hose when removing the subframe), all seats out to fit the two new handbrake cables, had a new seat cable and handle fitted by an upholsterer as one was snapped. Front bumper off, removed all 4 grills, sandblasted and repainted (POR15), broken headlight washer replaced. Sorted dodgy dodgy ballast out whilst accessible. Two new 18’ continentals on the front, tracking and alignment, air con regassed, 2 new front powerflex anti roll bar bushes. Oil and filter change, pollen filter (looked like it had never been done!), diesel filter and air filter. Big put back together with numerous bolts rethreaded etc, good grease and waxoyl. 10 new undertray bolts.
Would like to do the rear subframe next
This is on my list of to do's. Out of interest Seasidave how long did it take you to get the subframe off, how much of a headache is it?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone :),I own an Alfa 159 1.9 jtdm,recently I had an oil change,however the mechanic did not reset the service light,I will be going to him this week about it. My question is:
Can I keep driving normally till I go to reset it,and does the DPF regen work while the service light is on?

By service light i ONLY mean the little wrench icon,I do not have a DPF or Check Engine light on.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Hello everyone :),I own an Alfa 159 1.9 jtdm,recently I had an oil change,however the mechanic did not reset the service light,I will be going to him this week about it. My question is:
Can I keep driving normally till I go to reset it,and does the DPF regen work while the service light is on?

By service light i ONLY mean the little wrench icon,I do not have a DPF or Check Engine light on.
No issue, its just a 'bug you until you've done it' light.

8241 - 8260 of 8271 Posts