Alfa Romeo Forum banner

8201 - 8217 of 8217 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had s few things done.
Front badge replaced with new style, looks good.

Also she had a good wash at TidyRide and booked in for a paint polish and ceramic coating.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Front OS lamp half replaced, retaining clip went ping and is so far still lost somewhere between the inner wing and the engine tray!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Quiet enough at work to get away with a quick wash and hoover....well it got dirty going to work....so it should get clean there!! Apologies as usual for poor phone pics...its up for renewal soon....then you will really be able to see all the paint marks!!! Over to you lussoman...wont be the same if you don't take the **** out of my tractor!!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I need to do the release under the bonnet....the plastic end bit broke off two days after I bought the car!! It opens fine but its a bit fiddly.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Winter is definitely here...I can tell by how every time I start my car when it's below freezing I get the following pop up on the dash until she has warmed up a bit.

"Windshield wiper automatism not available"

....such good English too!

By the way....on Friday I will be replacing my EGR cooler on my 2.0 JTDm...if anyone is the slightest bit interested I will post a how too thread on here (complete with my usual fuzzy photography!). I realize there are not many 159s with that engine (although it is getting to be a common issue with this engine as these cars age...so if you are losing coolant and are not sure why ....check yours) so if no one cares I wont waste the bandwidth!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
So today I replaced my leaking EGR cooler.....it was only leaking slightly and was spotted by the MOT tester. Must have pretty much failed that day as the coolant level was ok...but I've had to top it up everyday since. Was a hairline crack near one of the strengthening ribs about and inch and a half long. Quite a simple job...you don't need to remove any other components...so don't believe the nonsense online about having to remove the battery and intake pipe. It's tight but quite do-able. Five bolts hold it in place...three you can undo from the top, two from underneath. A few vacuum hoses off, a bit of wriggling and it's out. Clean the mating surfaces fit the supplied gaskets...job done.
While I was under the bonnet I did my annual clean of the MAF and MAP sensors. Airflow sensor was not too bad...MAP was blocked (see before and after pics). To be honest it drove no differently after cleaning so they are not that sensitive to carbon build up.
I went to Chichester in her today and as I left to come back there was a very loud bang and sudden loss of power. For a second I thought I'd broken a cambelt. Luckily it was just a pipe blowing off my front mounted intercooler...my fault for using a cheap worm clamp on that one joint instead of the quality Mikalor clamps I used on the rest....it had actually broken on the weld...lesson learned. I must have had about 50 or 60 horses for the journey home...very slow...but no fault lights !

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Mmmm.....yummy.....!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Sorry if I'm monopolizing this thread...last post for a while here...promise! Thought I would call my insurance broker about the water meth injection I'm going to be installing. They said an extra £45...firstly I though not too bad then....then I thought...it gives next to no performance gain on its own and that's nearly a 20% increase. So I called my insurance company direct. They asked what I was doing and when...and said they would add it to my policy and inform my broker...Cost...nothing at all. He did not see it as a significant risk increase.....I have NCD since 1987....so I guess he thought I'm a slow old man! So if your broker won't play ball, look at your insurance cert to identify the actual insurer and phone direct...could save you a few quid. He did however say that the premium will increase as the boost does! Lol.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Lol...I won't. Having never marked my original red mirrors you can guarantee I will smack these five minutes after fitting!

8201 - 8217 of 8217 Posts