Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8271 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I bought a black 159 Lusso 1.9 JTDM and drove 90 miles drive home yesterday. :cool:

I went to Autolusso and they changed a cam belt, water pump and a fuel filter. Cheers guys. :thumbs:

BTW this is my 4th Alfa. Previously I had two 156 and one Gtv (what a lovely car). :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I changed the pollen filter, then washed it nicelly, clean it inside, put some shine on the tires, went for a ride to test the climate control after filter replacement, feed it 40 litres of premium diesel. came back home and parked it boss style...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Given the inside a damn good clean. Anyone know how to get leather smelling clean and fresh? Tried Auto Glym leater cleaner, but to no avail.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kerbed one of my beloved 's' alloys reversing through a stupidly tight spot (one of those that make you clench up ALL over!).

Who's had a refurb on the dark 19" 's' alloy - how effective, how much?!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Washed it yesterday,

Put in £10 of pump diesel to try and water down the rubbish Bio I put in last friday.

Grrrrrrr, But at least it'll start now without flattening the battery.

:(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Air on service, started replacing my crackly speakers with nice new Bose ones, started replacing old spec grey aluminium trim with new spec black aluminium trims... Oh and fitted Brera front badge and led puddle lights... Chuffed with what I got done!

Also got my final paperwork so I can fit my new plates when I got in..

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Put it on the drive so the public can enjoy the benefit of it's beauty! Plus I get to look at it every time I look at the loving room window. Usually there's a Kuga on the drive (not bad, but no Brera).

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
New steering tie rod and tracking reset. Tie rod was easier than expected to do.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Connected up Torque android app.

Bought a cheap OBDII bluetooth dongle and a OBDII cable extension. You need it really as there is no way of shutting the flap otherwise and it bangs on leg. With the extension cable the dongle sits under the steering wheel out of the way and is very esily accessible.

Paired it with Torque on my phone and now I can get a whole load of stuff from the car - 99% pointless but fun. 0-60, have tried that yet, MPG, interestingly the MPG figure is different than on the car's display. I have always wondered if Alfa use US Gallons as opposed to Imperial (lower mpg figure with US). Gee force meter, etc...

Fun

·
Registered
656 Posts
Last week (is that ok for the thread??) was new pads to fronts, today was new wheel bearing as noted on way out whilst doing pads (covered by alfa care :)) and a overhaul of rear brakes to stop binding and squeals. Tomorrow is new tyre and then 4 wheel alignment next week.

41 - 60 of 8271 Posts