Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Well I’ll tell ya, finished the restoration of the n/s front at weekend and then began on the o/s.
Removed the washer reservoir, anti vibration damper, front engine mount and all the oil cooler bits, this not only allows me to access inner surface rust it makes restoring the bits easier, I cut out a couple of bits of grot and made new patches and welded a crack in the oil cooler radiator frame.
Last night I attacked with a rotary wire brush assortment and it’s painting today.
I fill fill any spare time with a couple of bits on the gtv and moto guzzi.
:lick:

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Today, ground the o/s sill and treated the grot, welded in a piece at the edge of the inner wheel arch (little bugger has a square hole in it that I had to shape) then ground the edge flush and treated.
Unbolted the o/s wing, just enough to give me wiggle room then cut out the bumper/wing support and ground out the remnants of the spot welds, as usual then treated.
Prepped a load of small nuts and bolts ready to try and remove tomorrow

removed spider stereo and smashed it open to recover a cd, gutted it was not in there, fitted the steering cowls.

Ground in 2 moto guzzi valves.

Quiet day

:drink:

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Finished removing the wing support, painted a few bits and removed the clutch slave frame and pipe then removed the slave, looks like I need a new one.
Dropped the subframe a bit so I could bring up the stuck gear linkage.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
More grinding, treating and painting today, them made a corrugated cardboard shield for the front of the car as I’m of on me hols Tuesday :wobble:

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Refitted the gear linkages and actuater
Fitted the refurbed clutch slave frame and put in a new slave, plumbed the pipes in
Stripped the front shocks and started the refurb, both will need gaiters and bump stops
Fit the n/s wing and started drilling the wing/bumper support bracket, also made a rotating cam adjuster for the bumper returns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts