Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
No it was under the bonnet... spotted it when I first lifted bonnet but was too scared to go near it... riot gear and massive can of bug spray deleted it... just think I’ve got black lung now after inhaling all the fumes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok pretty certain prob is now crank sensor. Seen a few places remove battery tray but still can’t see it. Someone alsi said behind or under inlet manifold behind engine. Know it’s a brown plug...
Also ordered new tyres.....

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
just replaced fuel pump for a used one. carbonized plastic around main electrical contacts originated a small fuel leak, which was creating bad contact, preventing engine from starting/running.
as I read somewhere, there is no need to drop the fuel tank to change the fuel pump. just rotate an jiggle a bit and it will pass through.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
here is the culprit. after getting my hands on the fuel pump housing, I think it is possible to fix the leak from the inside without buying another one. from what I perceived when looking for used pumps, looks like a common issue with these.

Attachments

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,384 Posts
Bought a new battery. Debating whether to attempt a home retrim of the headliner panel in black alcantara or just give in and buy a new liner with non sagging cloth. Mine is already stripped of cloth and removed from car

Can’t really do anything with the car until i get the interior back together, can’t do the interior until I’ve done the headlining

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
So I had a bit of spare carbon fibre look sheeting, don't ask why, I thought the plastics are all starting to look old and faded and thought I would try it on the rear parcel shelf sides, not sure if it looks good or rubbish

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yellow one; Replaced MAF, stripped and cleaned Throttle body, realised Ebay Stepper motor doesn't fit....got £155 quote for OEM...sulked. As usual the dealer network had no interest in twinspark parts.

Red one; as above, but with the added fun of discovering the main starter relay is toast, but at lest the battery is charging nicely.

·
Registered
718 Posts
So I had a bit of spare carbon fibre look sheeting, don't ask why, I thought the plastics are all starting to look old and faded and thought I would try it on the rear parcel shelf sides, not sure if it looks good or rubbish
They do start to look a bit tatty and that looks good :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok pretty certain prob is now crank sensor. Seen a few places remove battery tray but still can’t see it. Someone alsi said behind or under inlet manifold behind engine. Know it’s a brown plug...
Also ordered new tyres.....
Did you get the sarting issue sorted? I'm in the same place. I have replavced the relays, recharged the battery (and tried jumping of the diesel family barge), cleaned earthing points and still nothing!!

Soon it will be time to strip off the inlets to acess the starter, not much fun in january!:bigmouth:

What makes you think it is the crank sensor?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts