Alfa Romeo Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got a small Faraday box off Amazon to prevent some ne'er-do-well from stealing it by waving an antenna in front of the door. We live out in the sticks, and it's a 4 year old car so it's probably not really at risk. Still, it makes me sleep better.

Also got some Chipex touch-up paint in the right colour. Should arrive in a few days.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
Got the Italian front plate mount. That was the easy bit.
now need to convince the missus of the merits of spending 250 quid on the cheapest 5 character plate as 7 is too long.
Just returned yesterday from our holidays and found the short plate mount waiting for me. I bought it while away and also managed to sneakily buy a cheap 5 digit plate too while at it. I'll be ordering the new plates and get it assigned next week probably and on to fitting them.

P.S: I don't think my wife will realise the number plate changes, or at least i hope 😇

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
Forgot to mention, that on my way back I made a small detour and went to Stephan at Squadra Tuning and got the ESC v2 fitted. I eventually chickened out of the actual tuning (the medio one) just to be on the safe side with the dealers/service if anyhing pops up. I'll eventually do it though, probably next year.

The dongle works really well by the way and finally I'll have the v6 soundtrack I love without turning off all aids

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have searched but with no luck for where to order short plate mount for my wife's Stelvio. I have emailed ebspares but they cant supply.
Appreciate supplier and price info so can get her plate transferred as she has had car 9 months now.:)

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
I have searched but with no luck for where to order short plate mount for my wife's Stelvio. I have emailed ebspares but they cant supply.
Appreciate supplier and price info so can get her plate transferred as she has had car 9 months now.:)
You can order it here:

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
You can order it here:
Be mindful of the part number. QV and non QV are different as bumper shape is different.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
So much better with unobstructed scudetto area and the fins on the bumper. You don’t realise how much the full size plate blocks out until you try it with the short one.

What did you do with the rear? I’m planning to stick direct with no mount. A mount, other than needing a small size one, drips dirty water incessantly onto rear bumper lip when washing. Body work mount points are full of dirt residue. I am going direct to the body with tape all around the perimeter to block water going behind the plate. I still need to figure out which 3m tape is right.

Mine going on next week. I didn’t want to switch before going away on holiday as I wasn’t sure documents would come back on time and I didn’t want the car sitting there for 3 weeks with new v5c in the post box right next to it.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
So much better with unobstructed scudetto area and the fins on the bumper. You don’t realise how much the full size plate blocks out until you try it with the short one.

What did you do with the rear? I’m planning to stick direct with no mount. A mount, other than needing a small size one, drips dirty water incessantly onto rear bumper lip when washing. Body work mount points are full of dirt residue. I am going direct to the body with tape all around the perimeter to block water going behind the plate. I still need to figure out which 3m tape is right.

Mine going on next week. I didn’t want to switch before going away on holiday as I wasn’t sure documents would come back on time and I didn’t want the car sitting there for 3 weeks with new v5c in the post box right next to it.
I kept the normal mount in the rear. You’re right about washing, dirt etc but nothing a good drying can’t take care off.
But if you do remove the mount and use tape, I’d suggest the 3M VHB for outdoors (that’s what I used for mounting the plates.
Also for me keeping the rear as is, is also useful since we’re travelling abroad in the summertime and this way I can have 🇬🇧 and the UK symbols on the plate without needing to stick one of those ugly white UK stickers on the bodywork.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
Do you know the part no. for the non QV. Car is 71 plate Veloce?
Thanks
Here:

Did you get any further info from Alfa on this? I'm trying to order one for my car.

Edit: MacGeek has kindly confirmed that 50535783 is the correct part number for the Italian market front plinth. For future reference he has also advised that the part number for the smaller Italian plinth for the upcoming Stelvio Quadrifoglio is 50552824 in case any potential buyers of that version also want to fit a smaller front plate.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Fitted the Carlink 4.0 wireless CarPlay dongle. I got quite used to the wireless CarPlay connectivity of the aftermarket system I had in my previous Giulia so thought I’d give this gadget a go. Kept all the packaging just in case it’s not as good as it’s cracked up to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 78 of 78 Posts