Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you bought for your Stelvio today?

7229 77
Can we have a sticky with the above title.

It dilutes the “What have you done to your Stelvio today” thread when we (I) post things you’ve bought on it imo

Thoughts?
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
It’s not unsightly. Could you wash and go over some dirt to see how functional? The front ones look a bit short.
I will, I didn't want to sacrifice too much the ground clearance for those few occasion that I do some light off-road while traveling with the family but yes, that crossed my mind, how functional that would be.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It’s not unsightly. Could you wash and go over some dirt to see how functional? The front ones look a bit short.
I was finally able to find an area with the right stuff. They cover enough, I didn't want to sacrifice ground clearance as I do get adventurous with the family at times. The car used to get a lot dirtier at this area, so I'm happy.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
76 Posts
Purchased a JB4 for the QV. Can't wait to get the vehicle back from the shop to install it!
Took it to the dealer for an oil leak, which turned out be a faulty EGR valve, and an issue where the remote start doesn't work when the vehicle is cold.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
Bought new prewash, shampoo, iron and tar removers.
also got a dedicated corded mini drier to replace my battery leaf blower - very awkward and hard plastic nozzle
Also was looking for alternative way to wash - I’m on 2 bucket with a mitt but I keep finding some areas of car do not bead water perfectly, sign of contaminated ceramic. I don’t like the idea of applying more elbow grease with the mitt. found this alternative that I will switch to - seems cleverer - basically use a load of small 40x40 drying mf towels (450gsm) in a bucket of soapy water. You will only use each once and discard. Take out of the bucket, fold in 4 - washing stroke, flip - stroke, refold - stroke, flip - stroke, discard, next towel. Can be done 8 times if it’s fluffy on both sides but most have short pile on one side. I just bought 10 for 30 from bulk supplier. I imagine 6-7 will do the stelvio and and 3 the i3.
Though technically when folded it will be the same size as the mitt the contact patch is much larger than with a mitt plus you will be going with clean microfibre every time so it should have more cleaning effect with no extra pressure.
My post carwash mf wash cycle is always half empty so now it will be full.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Today I put a triple digit amount of fuel in the Stelvio for the first time in my life. When asked if I wanted the £105 receipt I said yes, to frame it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
Was thinking about this for quite a while but finally got a new gear shift lever for my Stelvio. It’s the newer style leather one with red stitching. I’ll be doing the swap in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’d check the thread on Stelvioforum. I’m sure somebody said it not just a simple swap. If it is , get me one.
You can order these in Italy (Facebook group or ENG has them as well) already programmed for about 200 euros. I did and the actual swap takes about 15 minutes (longest bit is prying the centre console cover off its clips). Looks great!

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
I’d check the thread on Stelvioforum. I’m sure somebody said it not just a simple swap. If it is , get me one.
It came preprogrammed ready to fit and go. It’s just 4 x 10mm nuts to fit. No programming or any electronic wirzardry required and no faults etc. Haven’t done the swap myself yet (shifter arrived today at my brothers in Greece and will do it when we arrive) but a good friend did it only a few weeks ago with no issues in 10 minutes. I can message you the sellers info if you want, I paid 230€ for it. By the way, if you want you could order it and have it sent to my Greek address and I can bring it back for you mid August to save import tax vat etc if you like.

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
The thing that gets me is the way it’s angled down, moved back at the bottom, to avoid confusing the parking sensors. The thing should be thinner at the top to make it vertical, in my opinion.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
The thing that gets me is the way it’s angled down, moved back at the bottom, to avoid confusing the parking sensors. The thing should be thinner at the top to make it vertical, in my opinion.
Just saw a veloce parked. I see what you mean. Looks broken. QV holder is straight whether standard or short.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts