Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
Redeeming myself. Got cf shell for the key from Hong Kong.
Also got a fake cf one to compare and go on spare key. There is more 3D texture in real stuff but I probably wouldn’t mind either before I compared them.
This one is not a replacement but an enclosing shell. I wouldn’t say it adds any perceptible bulk like the leather pouches do (had that, hated it) and is flowing nicely but I think replacement shells always seem more professional. Also Alfa way is always cf with aluminium so when you have cf only it feels too aftermarket. The jury is out.
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Headlamp Gadget

Watch Car alarm Sports equipment Automotive lighting Clock

Car alarm Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory Wood Font

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
Redeeming myself. Got cf shell for the key from Hong Kong.
Also got a fake cf one to compare and go on spare key. There is more 3D texture in real stuff but I probably wouldn’t mind either before I compared them.
This one is not a replacement but an enclosing shell. I wouldn’t say it adds any perceptible bulk like the leather pouches do (had that, hated it) and is flowing nicely but I think replacement shells always seem more professional. Also Alfa way is always cf with aluminium so when you have cf only it feels too aftermarket. The jury is out.
View attachment 966158
View attachment 966159
View attachment 966160
The jury is back and it’s big NO to cf shell. Acts as a faraday box. I haven’t tried close but definitely could open the door from the house. That’s a deal breaker for me. Fake one it is.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
Generic. I will have to make a couple of cuts to the front ones to make them fit. The rears will be easier. I'll post pics once done.
I tired standard on mine. Was not a good look for QV and functionally was inadequate because was not wide enough. after failed attempts to make my own I decided to just wash more frequently and live with extra stone chips.
Hope the ones you got will be better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tired standard on mine. Was not a good look for QV and functionally was inadequate because was not wide enough. after failed attempts to make my own I decided to just wash more frequently and live with extra stone chips.
The QV ones do look like don't work that well and that's why I decided to make my own. I have been washing often but I also want to get a different look. These are 10" wide, so they won't cover all 11.26" of the rear tires but they will cover the body of the car, which is the main intent.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Quadrifoglio, Q4, Misano Blue
5 Posts
Hello all… first time post… first time I have owned an Alfa…. Absolutely love my new Stelvio QV. I am looking for a recommendation for a back seat cover.. I have a dog and I don’t want him in the car without some decent protection for the seats. Has anyone got a decent cover that fits well?

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
There is an official accessory cover. Alfa accessories are generally very good quality.

But I imagine you would want to put something extra there to make your dog comfortable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is an official accessory cover. Alfa accessories are generally very good quality.

But I imagine you would want to put something extra there to make your dog comfortable.
Thanks Deman77… looks like they are out of stock at the moment… will ask to be notified when they have more in stock.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hello all… first time post… first time I have owned an Alfa…. Absolutely love my new Stelvio QV. I am looking for a recommendation for a back seat cover.. I have a dog and I don’t want him in the car without some decent protection for the seats. Has anyone got a decent cover that fits well?
Put the dog in the boot on a boot liner?

That’s where my Miniature Pinscher goes

Welcome btw, fabulous first Alfa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put the dog in the boot on a boot liner?

That’s where my Miniature Pinscher goes

Welcome btw, fabulous first Alfa
He hates the boot! He’s a miniature schnauzer … so not a big dog. Thanks for the welcome Muz…. really pleased with the motor… that exhaust sound is totally addictive!

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL, my dog HATES the boot, she always manages to jump to the back seat and sometimes to the front. Oh well, seats clean easily.
View attachment 969128
Lol… The muddy paw prints aren’t what I really worry about… it’s the claws scratching the leather that’s the issue. My dog sliced through the leather in my Volvo XC90 with his paw before I got a seat protector.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,000 Posts
The centre of rotation in QV is around where the bum of the driver and front passenger is. So if you drive her as intended the dog’s preferred place would be the front seat.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
LOL, my dog HATES the boot, she always manages to jump to the back seat and sometimes to the front. Oh well, seats clean easily.
View attachment 969128
Surely there’s a dog guard for the boot designed for a Stelvio? No way would I put up with that!

My dog hated the boot for about three days but jumps in and now waits whilst the boot opens and isn’t allowed out until she has a lead on. It was a bit of a drama for a few days but worth it. A nice soft dog bed helps

I admit to being a bit anal about my car interior though, I don’t even let people/kids eat in it :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Surely there’s a dog guard for the boot designed for a Stelvio? No way would I put up with that!

My dog hated the boot for about three days but jumps in and now waits whilst the boot opens and isn’t allowed out until she has a lead on. It was a bit of a drama for a few days but worth it. A nice soft dog bed helps

I admit to being a bit anal about my car interior though, I don’t even let people/kids eat in it :)
LOL, I'm pretty relaxed about eating and the dog. I don't like the interior to get dirty but, if it does, it is okay as well...it can be cleaned.
I remember my 6 or 7 y/o throwing up all over the back seat of a 1999 Benz E55 back in 2000 or 2001 and he was all worried because he thought I would be mad...I was disgusted by the vomit and sorry for him but, again, it wasn't a big deal, take the seat out, lots of rags, water and vacuum cleaner...not a big deal cleaning the mess (other than almost throwing up a couple of times because of the smell!).
I don't bring the dog too often in this car, so I'm not investing on a net, guard or something similar.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
LOL, I'm pretty relaxed about eating and the dog. I don't like the interior to get dirty but, if it does, it is okay as well...it can be cleaned.
I remember my 6 or 7 y/o throwing up all over the back seat of a 1999 Benz E55 back in 2000 or 2001 and he was all worried because he thought I would be mad...I was disgusted by the vomit and sorry for him but, again, it wasn't a big deal, take the seat out, lots of rags, water and vacuum cleaner...not a big deal cleaning the mess (other than almost throwing up a couple of times because of the smell!).
I don't bring the dog too often in this car, so I'm not investing on a net, guard or something similar.
My son has three kids 12,9,7 and a Rhodesian Ridgeback, I’ve been in cleaner squats than his Volvo XC90 :)

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
189 Posts
Ordered a set of oem carbon mirror caps and a carbon front scudetto, so while waiting I’ve also ordered black front and rear badges and black Q4 and Stelvio badges too. I’ll be hopefully do the install and swap in a couple of weeks if they get here by then.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It took me a while but they're done, I think they look well enough.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

Attachments

21 - 40 of 78 Posts