Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you bought for your Stelvio today?

10208 Views 78 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Deman77
Can we have a sticky with the above title.

It dilutes the “What have you done to your Stelvio today” thread when we (I) post things you’ve bought on it imo

Thoughts?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
I tired standard on mine. Was not a good look for QV and functionally was inadequate because was not wide enough. after failed attempts to make my own I decided to just wash more frequently and live with extra stone chips.
Hope the ones you got will be better.
The QV ones do look like don't work that well and that's why I decided to make my own. I have been washing often but I also want to get a different look. These are 10" wide, so they won't cover all 11.26" of the rear tires but they will cover the body of the car, which is the main intent.

· Registered
77 Posts
Surely there’s a dog guard for the boot designed for a Stelvio? No way would I put up with that!

My dog hated the boot for about three days but jumps in and now waits whilst the boot opens and isn’t allowed out until she has a lead on. It was a bit of a drama for a few days but worth it. A nice soft dog bed helps

I admit to being a bit anal about my car interior though, I don’t even let people/kids eat in it :)
LOL, I'm pretty relaxed about eating and the dog. I don't like the interior to get dirty but, if it does, it is okay as well...it can be cleaned.
I remember my 6 or 7 y/o throwing up all over the back seat of a 1999 Benz E55 back in 2000 or 2001 and he was all worried because he thought I would be mad...I was disgusted by the vomit and sorry for him but, again, it wasn't a big deal, take the seat out, lots of rags, water and vacuum cleaner...not a big deal cleaning the mess (other than almost throwing up a couple of times because of the smell!).
I don't bring the dog too often in this car, so I'm not investing on a net, guard or something similar.

· Registered
77 Posts
I tired standard on mine. Was not a good look for QV and functionally was inadequate because was not wide enough. after failed attempts to make my own I decided to just wash more frequently and live with extra stone chips.
Hope the ones you got will be better.
It took me a while but they're done, I think they look well enough.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

Attachments

· Registered
77 Posts
It’s not unsightly. Could you wash and go over some dirt to see how functional? The front ones look a bit short.
I will, I didn't want to sacrifice too much the ground clearance for those few occasion that I do some light off-road while traveling with the family but yes, that crossed my mind, how functional that would be.

· Registered
77 Posts
It’s not unsightly. Could you wash and go over some dirt to see how functional? The front ones look a bit short.
I was finally able to find an area with the right stuff. They cover enough, I didn't want to sacrifice ground clearance as I do get adventurous with the family at times. The car used to get a lot dirtier at this area, so I'm happy.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
77 Posts
Purchased a JB4 for the QV. Can't wait to get the vehicle back from the shop to install it!
Took it to the dealer for an oil leak, which turned out be a faulty EGR valve, and an issue where the remote start doesn't work when the vehicle is cold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts