Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
42,798 Posts
Careful you grease them to prevent them corroding on. I had some and only noticed they’d been nicked when I mentioned them to the dealer at a service. They said I was probably saved from an unlucky ending as they’d had to saw the things off customers cars when the metal reacted with the valve stem.

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought some of these Alfa valve caps a year ago. Put them on in April, took them off and replaced them with the rubber ones at the end of October.
They are the only Alfa accessory I’ve bought for the Stelvio that disappoint me. Two of them were tarnished after 6 months

· Registered
123 Posts
Careful you grease them to prevent them corroding on. I had some and only noticed they’d been nicked when I mentioned them to the dealer at a service. They said I was probably saved from an unlucky ending as they’d had to saw the things off customers cars when the metal reacted with the valve stem.
Yes - thanks for that. I always put a smear of grease on these things (I have them on the bike and wife’s car). So far, no dramas 🤞

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got bored with useless Alfa customer service trying to exchange a black Friday deal on spare bulbs with a non functioning light up box. I am not going to be changing bulbs in the dark so I’ll just accept defeat and keep them. Life’s too short to worry about things that I don’t need over the principal.

· Registered
Stelvio QV my20
1,002 Posts
Found a break between the spittle to give her a good wash. Wasn’t very dirty from pre Xmas wash with most of the car still beading very well but the boot door and rear bumper always get so much spray and once things dry (think happened once for a day in the last month) will look awful. it looks like things will dry out for a week after today. It’s not fitting to be mucky.

I have now given up on contactless wash after trying different foams and pre washes. It may work for uncoated cars with more aggressive foams. For coated car it is possible but it actually takes longer because you need to be very thorough with pressure washer not to miss any bits because if you are at the wrong angle or too far it just does not remove the road film and it uses twice the water. With mitt it’s almost impossible to miss anything and rinsing need not be too thorough. I stills spray mild prewash before I start setting everything up and rinse of muck before touching her but it’s all a lot less involved and quicker too. Plus ceramic definitely beads better after mitt than even the best of my contactless efforts.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts