Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And why?

This year Mr JF and I went to Sicily, it was the most wonderful present from my daughter as the other half got made redundant earlier this year so it will probably be the last of those 'fab' hols.

One of the best bits was taking pics of Alfa's as we walked around and I took an 'old' AO flyer with me and managed to get that in the pic too :thumbs:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
my dream holiday would be taking a few months off work, buying a massive old american convertible and doing route 66 at leisure :cool:

i've always said i will only ever get one more tattoo and it will be the route 66 'shield' road sign at the top of my arm when i reach the pacific coast in california

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
last year we done a 'big' holiday. i was 21, my sister was 18 and mum was 50 all in the same year. instead of doing individual "do's" we decided we would do a nice holiday. was 3 weeks altogether :). A cruise in the caribean for a week and then 2 weeks in America (florida) it was great but the only thing is the hotel we stayed in while we were in America was quite far from the disney/universal studios and had a few 'critters' about the place :eek:. Then when we went to pick up the tickets there had been a mix up with them and we had been sold 2 lots of 14 day tickets to disney world :rolleyes:. because they had been paid for in England but we picked them up in America we couldnt get a refund for them and the company wouldnt send new tickets as it was outside of the UK and they dfidn't do 'E-Tickets' so we were stuck, didnt matter though because we had a good time anyway :D

·
Administrator
23,040 Posts
Driving a Landrover around Iceland.

We've "done" Reykjavík and it's environs as tourists - and it was great.

However on the flight back we got talking to someone who lives on the North of the island who gave us a whole other perspective. There is one road that encircles the whole country. I want to drive that road and meet more people like her.

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
Hawaii. Helicopter around Kauai, volcanoes on big island, Mauna Kea observatory, snorkelling with turtles.

Mind you, a hot air balloon flight over the Nile at dawn wasn't half bad.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Driving a Landrover around Iceland.

We've "done" Reykjavík and it's environs as tourists - and it was great.

However on the flight back we got talking to someone who lives on the North of the island who gave us a whole other perspective. There is one road that encircles the whole country. I want to drive that road and meet more people like her.
Fancy a spare driver, I did the south of Iceland 3 years ago with the school and what a fab time I had. And every time I saw the map, route 1(the single road round the island) , I kept thinking that's asking to be driven. One day I will do it

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Snowdonia. Mountains. The missus, the young un and the mutt. Next summer we're there for a fortnight.

Every time you think you've walked a really good trail, you see a path leading off into the next, hidden, cwm. Marvellous.

When the numbers come up, that's where we're going.....poiminant!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Give me a call if you want to go - that's my job...! Sorry bit of blatant advertising, but it is still my favourite type of holiday...

·
Administrator
23,040 Posts
Fancy a spare driver, I did the south of Iceland 3 years ago with the school and what a fab time I had. And every time I saw the map, route 1(the single road round the island) , I kept thinking that's asking to be driven. One day I will do it
Before we go we will contact you. It'll be such a great trip - some of my retirement funds have been earmarked for it.

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Never had a dream holiday only nightmare ones....

Every holiday we've taken has been a disaster so far, anything from 3rd degree burns and sunstroke to having
a gun shoved in my face by a French cop for asking directions :eek:

My dream holiday would be to see and interact with Orang Utans, sadly interaction is no longer viable:(
It's on my bucket list to see them in their natural habitat though :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts