Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out of the house into the Brera, started up ok, drove about 100 metres or so and just cut out, no warning lights or anything, so I rolled to side of road, the ignition and everything was still on. I tried to start it again and it just kept cutting out straight away, again with no warning lights, checked the battery for loose connections but all was fine. Then 'air pollution filter' blocked flashed up for 10 seconds or so but went off and has not come back on. Anyway after about 10 attempts I decided to keep my foot on the accelerator and it chugged for a bit and started. I gave it the beans to work incase there was a blockage somewhere, and it seems **touch wood** ok now.

Any ideas what this was? I've had the dreaded blocked DPF in the 147 but this was a different experience, so I dont think its that.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Curious. I don't think it's a DPF either. That tends to be an engine warning light, and a loss of power, rather than a full cut out. I'd suspect a sensor fault, but you'll have to plug it into FES to tell.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds similar to the problems I had this morning (see my post about it for more details), especially the cutting out bit. Has yours been okay since?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds similar to the problems I had this morning (see my post about it for more details), especially the cutting out bit. Has yours been okay since?
Mine has been fine since. It has been sat in the cold weather for the majority of the weekend and has been fine today **touch wood**

I have read your post, it sounds similar but I didnt get any warnings on the dash (apart from the air pollutions one) but that cleared after a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
MAF sensor not reading flow correct??? try cleaning it...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A similar thing happened again to me recently, this time on the motorway. It was quite strange, I had my foot to the floor in 6th and the revs remained dead still, as did the speed, it was almost like the cruise control was on (but it wasn't, and it also doesn't work anyway, but that's another issue!), I then dropped into 4th and the revs jumped up, the engine was revving, but the speed remained dead on 65 and didn't go up nor down. I came off and it did the same thing in 2nd (it was revving but not picking up or losing speed)

That was last Sunday and it has been fine since. Does this sound MAF related?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts