Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happend to the brake conversion, GTV V6 3.0 Brembo brakes to a 155?

I don't remember who it was, but someone in the UK had bought calipersfrom a crashed GTV 3.0 and was about to mount them to his 155. So ...?

W

·
0 Posts
Hi

Think it was Henry who had some Fiat Coupe brakes but they wouldnt fit without major work.........could be wrong tho', Henry?

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
I was gonna do that,

i had spotted the calipers in a scrapyard near home, i missed out on them in the end...

Apparently if you took the caliper mounting bracket, it's a possible job. The bracket mounts to the hub at the same place (i think) and you're away... just needed the right disks.

All this was heresay and a 'my mate done this' type info.

I was gonna try but i missed the calipers.. they had gone by the time i had got there.

J

M

·
0 Posts
Hi guys,

Yep Wrinx is right, it was definetly Henry who was going to do it, as you said loads of aggro involved!

Regards

M.

164 Super

A.L.F.A - Racing & Winning Since 1910

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yep it was me!

I had a set of Coupe Brembos which required 315mm disks. I spoke to the guy who put the 2.5 24v in a 145 who had done this conversion and he said you need special disks making and also calpier carrier arms etc. The kit to fit these he said was £700!!!! At which point I promptly returned the calipers to their original owner!!!

Not worth the money to go from 284mm to 315 I thought and didn't fancy specially made disks on the car as when these wear, they will cost a lot!

I wasalso in touch with Alfa dealer mechanics on this and the 3.0 GTV has a different 5 stud hub, and they reckoned you'd need this.

Not fully convinced that it should cost this much to do, but it was enought to put me off! Best bet is to get the whole hub and caliper assembly froma Coupe. I'm sure it will fit somehow!!

T

·
0 Posts
Henry,-do you think this guy (I assume) still have theese Coupe-Brembo's?Any price?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I spoke to Clover Tech at Spring Alfa Day about this again. Brackets would need to be manufactured for the existing hub to pull the calipers out some more to cover the 315 mm disk.

The price of the calipers was about £250 if he still has them. They are in the UK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts