Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to do a transmission fluid change in the 159 v6 with the 6 spd aisin-warner box

Oil code is AW-1

what is comparable.

anyone in australia could chime in, i'm sure repco or supercheap etc sell the same oil range over here.

penrite multi vehicle atf full syn ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're looking for a Low Viscosity specification. Dexron VI which closely matches Tutela GI/VI.

Penrite ATF LV
Liqui Moly topTec ATF 1800
Mobil Dexron VI
Motul ATF VI
Valvoline ATF Dexron VI
etc etc etc

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're looking for a Low Viscosity specification. Dexron VI which closely matches Tutela GI/VI.

Penrite ATF LV
Liqui Moly topTec ATF 1800
Mobil Dexron VI
Motul ATF VI
Valvoline ATF Dexron VI
etc etc etc
thanks mate fore your help.

I've found out that the workshop i sometimes do occasional call out work uses Havoline Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF and it's dead on compatible.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here in the UK on eBay is a company called Westway lubricants. They do AW1 for the Aisin SC80 in all sizes at very reasonable costs. Any AW1 rated transmission fluid is fine, they aren't sensitive creatures as everyone is lead to believe. And they don't need to be drip fed honey from a virgin's Bossom at room temperature either. Cheap AW1 or expensive have the same viscosity and temperature parameter requirements. It's not like engine oil where there can be a huge difference in quality vs cost.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here in the UK on eBay is a company called Westway lubricants. They do AW1 for the Aisin SC80 in all sizes at very reasonable costs. Any AW1 rated transmission fluid is fine, they aren't sensitive creatures as everyone is lead to believe. And they don't need to be drip fed honey from a virgin's Bossom at room temperature either. Cheap AW1 or expensive have the same viscosity and temperature parameter requirements. It's not like engine oil where there can be a huge difference in quality vs cost.
in most cases, auto manufacturers only recommend certain oils because they brokered a deal with the oil company as their default fluid supplier.

so yeah, any oil with the same rating will suit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts