Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys as title says im looking for a brace for the car but it needs to be black or gray to go with my colour on the rocker cover, Any help would be awesome :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do the front strut braces make a noticeable improvement to the 147 GTA's handling or is it more the sex appeal?

Also are they a simple bolt-on installation and do not foul any other equipment, so no other modifications are required with their fitment?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Yeah it makes a difference ESP to a car that's had some miles and is 8 years old. Turn in feels sharper.

The only thing it blocks is the brake fluid bottle.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Do the front strut braces make a noticeable improvement to the 147 GTA's handling or is it more the sex appeal?

Also are they a simple bolt-on installation and do not foul any other equipment, so no other modifications are required with their fitment?
i think it can block 1 of the fluid bottles (maybe brake fluid??) if you undo the bolts holding that on though you can fit something behind the bolts (spacers) to bring it forward so you can still get to it if you need to, or just leave it as it is :)

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got this one installed. Very nice looking bar and easy to install.

In terms of feel, I installed it at the same time as the Eibach ARB kit so it's difficult to say, but the overall package made a huge difference. Highly recommended :)
This one certainly looks the top of the crop.

Did you need to adjust the brake fluid container to fit it as others here have kindly advised (or any other modifications)?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I put the Wiechers on to my GTV Cup and I feel it has improved the handling of the car.
Appreciate its not a GTA but a brace is worth putting on for sure.
Why not paint the red supplied brace to the black/grey shade you want before fixing.

Alan

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I put a wiecher on too, and the difference isn't exactly significant but a small improvement never the less. The lower front strut on my sportwagon which has no other braces and no upgraded roll bars I felt made a significant difference for the better but it does hang low. It wouldn't fit on my saloon because of the equal length downpipes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This one certainly looks the top of the crop.

Did you need to adjust the brake fluid container to fit it as others here have kindly advised (or any other modifications)?
No modifications required, just some gentle coaxing and adjustment of the bar to align the bolt holes. Very easy.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts

Like others have already said the lower one makes more of a significant improvement, turn in is much sharper, but it is very low and in my case the exhaust downpipes hit the lower bar :(.
The top bar blocks the power steering reservoir but makes less of improvement but is more for agressive underbonnet look

When the GTV manifolds go on mine i will put it back on and if needed cut grooves for the exhausts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for the help guys will be looking to get one in the next month or so, I found that a bar really helped on my 156 made the steering loads better.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Cheers for the help guys will be looking to get one in the next month or so, I found that a bar really helped on my 156 made the steering loads better.
When you do, take some pictures of it fitted and let us know what differences you feel in the drive

Alan

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will do bud, think ill do a little build/tidy thred on the image section as on the gta section it won't show pictures that I post only a link.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I always wanted the Alfa GTA original brace - however Alfa only made them for a few years
Didn't know they made them at all. Learn something new every day on here :) ... any pics out of curiosity?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts