Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What engine out of the 2 is the best?Or is the 3.2 just a bored out 3.0v6?I would like a later model,but they dont do a cup version in the 3.2.So,what engine is the better?Thanks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I think the 3.2 engine is the same as used in the GTA's but with a less aggressive ecu map. Therefore I would have to say the 3.2 is a better bet with regards to engine.

However, if you like the P2 styling and cup bodykit like I do then I would be tempted with an older car just for the asthetics. Mind you a P3 looks alright as well, and you could always track down the zender kit from somewhere and try it on for size. (though not sure if front splitter fits P3?)

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
the engines are virtually the same. the 3.2 however has different cams and a longer stroke.

the ecu mapping in the GTV 3.2 is as stated above a little less aggressive than the GTA and has only 240bhp as opposed to 250bhp.

to be honest the 3.0 is good enough for the GTV and for the price premium you will pay for a P3 3.2, you may as well save some coin and get a P2 3.0 and just fit some GTA cams and have the ecu mapped to suit,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts