Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six months in to MiTo ownership and I'm a very happy chappy. A truly brilliant brilliant car. The other day she gave me the best drive of my life, which left me grinning for hours.

However, yesterday as I went to turn the heater up, one of the knobs came off in my hand! :(:D Is this sort of thing covered under Alfa's warranty? It looks a pretty simple repair but I'm clueless and don't want to do anything to invalidate the warranty. A tiny spring popped out and is now lost when this happened. If I drop the car off to Alfa will they repair this for me? Presumably it's a quick fix - if not, would they offer me a courtesy car?

It's a bit disappointing from a car which is not yet 6 months old, but it's an Alfa I guess... :inlove:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would've said it would be covered under the warranty...
Its something that shouldn't happen too a 6 month old car...
Not as bad as mine though, my gearbox has gone! Thats under warranty...
Although my windy nob to tilt the seat back and forwards popped off and they replaced that for me straight away under warranty?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yea mate call them up and tell them you want it replaced. Stuff falling off a 6 month old car is not acceptable in anyone's book!

·
Administrator
87,198 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't like to whinge, but I phoned the dealer I bought the car from and was advised by someone who sounded like they really didn't have a clue that I might not be covered by the warranty and that I couldn't have a courtesy car at weekends. I'm normally pretty placid, but this really irritated me given that this was completely below my expectations of a so-called prestige brand.

Given that a switch has fallen off - unless I'd been staging raves in the cockpit of my MiTo this really should happen after 6 months - they should bend over backwards to have it rectified. Am I being unreasonable? A complaint to the service manager and now they are trying to put it right, which is good, but I shouldn't have had to go to those lengths. After reading other threads on here I'm now worried this is going to become a bit of an ordeal...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Any other dealers nearby? If you get better aftersales care there, then you know who gets your servicing business. You are a customer, vote with your feet.

Assuming that warranty valid at any AR dealer? I'd have thought so, but can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Cant believe they would try to push back on a heating knob in a car under 6 months old. Unacceptable imo! Glad that you're complaint has been taken seriously.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Alfa dealers are a lot better than they used to be, but they are not perfect. Try and get a good one and you should be alright. My dealer is a good one but even they have their faults. For example, I have had numerous problems with my car, all repaired under warranty I might add, but at no time have I ever been offered a courtesy car unless I have asked for it which I then have to pay the insurance for. Not acceptable iMHO especially as the car has been in more times that it should have been I have been put to a lot of inconvenience.

There is still too much of a difference in service between Alfa dealers and that is what lets the brand down. A lot of this is because they themselves get so much mixed messages and mis-information from Alfa. The level of service from the company is what really seems to be at the bottom of a lot of frustration and annoyance.:tut:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts