Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Summary of UK TV (All Channels) Over Xmas/NewYear...

• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubbish

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • B0ll0cks

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • [email protected]

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Total ****

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Slightly biased poll...but have to agree, it's been total **** this year.

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
Slightly biased poll...but have to agree, it's been total **** this year.

:D

What makes me laugh is they took
good (weekly) stuff off (e.g. Lost) to screen it.

Maybe they just use up all the good stuff
during the year and there's nought left
but dregs come December.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad! :rolleyes: :(

Just got meself a new Freeview TV and PVR (like Sky+ but FREE) too. I hope it gets bloody better now the festered season is over! :rolleyes: :lol:

Still, no more wasted money going to NTL. Just gotta sort out a way of getting free Eurosport now...

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Total ****.

I haven't seen anything decent on TV during the holidays. :mad:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nev said:
According to Astra

it's still clear on Astro 1F, if you've got an old Analogue skybox/LNB.

Eurosport
About 4 years ago I stupidly sold my old analogue satellite system, believing the hype that Eurosport would cease free transmissions. They still haven't! I actually bought a 2nd hand analogue box off ebay, just gotta get a dish now and have it fitted up.
I'm sure I remember that you can get free digital Eurosport though, maybe Italian or German?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even with those options, I chose other as there is no word to describe how bad TV has been this Christmas.

I think it was Christmas eve or day Sky One actually repeated the same episode of Futurama within the same morning, as if they haven't been on enough! and it was still probably the best thing on.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Utter crap. Pay x amount of hard earned cash for licence. It is diabolical that they still pay fat cat bonuses to buffoons?? are we on a down hill spirral.......

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Complete and utter rubbish :(

........... I only have freeview for "other" channels......

So at least I'm not paying a premium for even more rubbish :(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I was going to viote for one of the 'others', but ended up voting 'other' as I thought Christmas TV was saved last night by 'Mrs Henderson Presents' :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Total 5hite IMO....I have freeview and the only good thing was 3 continous hours of Road Wars the other night on Sky Three:D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want Sky, but I am loath to paying out for TV:rant: especially when I already pay for a TV license. If you have Sky, you should be exempt for paying out for a TV license IMO.

Trouble is, if I did get Sky, I'd then be hooked on Motors TV and Eurosport for all the motor racing:rolleyes:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alfa_147_jtd_16v said:
I want Sky, but I am loath to paying out for TV:rant: especially when I already pay for a TV license. If you have Sky, you should be exempt for paying out for a TV license IMO.

Trouble is, if I did get Sky, I'd then be hooked on Motors TV and Eurosport for all the motor racing:rolleyes:
I just bought a flat and picked the keys up 30th Nov, its empty at the moment as I am decorating and getting new carpets in. But today I went round to find a snotty letter from TV licensing basically saying there has been no reply to there letters and the property doesn't have a license, so my details are now with there enforcement officers who will pay me a visit. Unless there is a way of watching TV with a kettle they'll be out of luck! :mad:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Ignore it, its just a ruse.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Gary Slegg said:
I was going to viote for one of the 'others', but ended up voting 'other' as I thought Christmas TV was saved last night by 'Mrs Henderson Presents' :D
Splendid film. Didn't quite catch the plot but I enjoyed the film! ;)

I got a jobbie-box which fits under the telly and I can now see 66 extra channels, though 40 of those seem to be for cheap jewellery, 20 are pay channels, 20 are News or kiddies channels and 6 are BBC1 to Channel 5. That leaves Film4 as the only useful extra channel but I did see Glandiator and Bravefart. :D

Ralf S.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ralf S. said:
That leaves Film4 as the only useful extra channel
Ralf S.

E4 & More4 have some good stuff too.

And FiveUS and LivingTV are good for catching up
with any CSI if you're into that. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts