Votes: 18 66.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 14.8%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i would say yes...as i pull one..although a few people seemed fairly irritated by me for some reason

:lol:

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Sorry Mike, no offence but they annoy the hell out of me.

In the early 70's my parents had one - and I just view them as being of that age. But now you've got many reasonably priced hotels and B&B's; alternatively, if you want to get close to nature why not go camping?

However, as a motorist I do find getting 'stuck behind' them frustrating and whats worse is when you're going down a very narrow road or over a narrow bridge and a car with thise big sticky out mirrors is comming the other way :eek: :eek: :eek:

Obviously I appreciate that many people do enjoy caravaning - and good for them - but I'm afraid I don't :(

Sorry - but you did ask. :) :) :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no..thanks for your input...even i know im a pain in the ass when pull the snail

:) :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have even started giving other caravaners a wave

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I've voted 'Other' and the better half and I have a trailer tent, which we use when I do crowd marshalling at the GP (B&B's aren't practical). :eek:

It can be annoying if you're stuck behind a caravan, but to be honest, perhaps it just shows how impatient people are now. :tut: They're no worse than large lorries or people with horse boxes, and ...damn, can I change my vote, they're annoying gits :mad:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rant: ...they come down here, clogging our already
tourist congested roads, contibuting little to
the local economy, with there already well stocked
larders....... :rant:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Absolutely hate them. As if my memories of awful "holidays":mad: , being dragged around the UK and Europe by my parents in the late seventies / early eighties wasn't enough they also clog up the roads something rotten.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay..u dont like em then :) fair play..dont forget though, when you talk about clogging up etc you dont see many in city centres causing traffic problems..usually just cars

i got a few bleeps this weekend for supposedly going slow in 30 or 40 mph speed restricted areas..then looked at my speedo and saw i was near the limit...lots of impatient people out there

:)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
mikebrown said:
okay..u dont like em then :) fair play..dont forget though, when you talk about clogging up etc you dont see many in city centres causing traffic problems..usually just cars

:)

Uhh round here they don't seem to know what these signs mean:

(It is quite funny, so long as you're not stuck behind one at the time!
;)

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
mikebrown said:
thats the spirit..cheers BigFoot

:) :)
You know, it's the "self contained holiday" mode that seems worth trying. I'd love to do a long road trip with the family, maybe in North America, with a big @ss caravan! :cool:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
To be fair, caravans have as much right to be on the road as anyone else. Perhaps part of the reason people dislike them is that they're a metaphor for a more 'chilled-out' life-style :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BigFoot said:
maybe in North America, with a big @ss caravan! :cool:

You'll be wanting a big honking RV!!!
maybe with a midsized SUV towed
behind so you have transportation
after you've pitched up. :)

In a country like the US that makes sense:
Big wide roads everywhere. :D

But driving them through an old European fortified
town with tiny winding street........ not so much. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Living in east anglia with no motorways and thousands of holidaymakers towing caravans is a right pain in the a**e this time of year. They always seem to drive nose to tail in convoy so you can't pass one without taking them all on. They should only be allowed on the roads in the hours of darkness.:rant:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts