Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the sense of occasion, it's a time you can make really special if you try hard.

I love the look on my wifeys face when she opens her presents.

I love the way everything changes to reflect the festival (even if it is a little bit too commercial)

I love having a fully decked out Christmas Tree twinkling in the corner of the room whilst sitting reading a book with the fire on and a hot mug of Cocoa.

What do you love?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
The phone finally going silent;
Walking from our house to my parents on Christmas morning (through some woods) with the kids in our best gear and wellies;
Family - one of the rare occaisons we all get together;
The "walk" after Christmas Dinner;
All the mince pies and port left out for me by the kids!! 3 mincepies and a half pint of port last year!
Christmas Carol concerts - we go to all the local church ones (done 3 already - got another tonight) - the sense of friendlyness and good will and catching up with locals who you haven't spoken to since the previous year - oh and the free mincepies and mulled wine.

Did I mention mince pies?:lol:

Love it - for me it really is the best time of year.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
The family round the table for Christmas dinner, takes days to prepare but I look round the table and see all the happy faces it makes it all worth while :D

The time off work is nice, no emails, no phone calls and the few days when it's just Jan and me chilling is :thumbs

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I love the sheer excitement of it all. The kids always say Christmas gets better each year but I make sure they also understand the true meaning of it.

I love my wonderful Christmas dinner and I always cook for us we never go anywhere else. The house is usually busy while I'm cooking as relatives pop by in the morning for coffee/mince pies.

I love drinking champagne with my gorgeous Hubby (who has put up with a lot from me this year..but he knows I love him) :inlove:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I love the sheer excitement of it all. The kids always say Christmas gets better each year but I make sure they also understand the true meaning of it.

I love my wonderful Christmas dinner and I always cook for us we never go anywhere else. The house is usually busy while I'm cooking as relatives pop by in the morning for coffee/mince pies.

I love drinking champagne with my gorgeous Hubby (who has put up with a lot from me this year..but he knows I love him) :inlove:
Fizz and orange for breakfast :D :D :D

I'm sure he would rather take a stocking down :)
Durt :eek: :lol:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
We visit my mum and dad Christmas morning and as soon as we close the front door on our return the corks are popping :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Grumpy beggers!

Oh, I thought you'd be quite excitable for Christmas, Jossy? Be sure to hang your stocking up :p
I would except we are seeing the other halves family for christmas and they have some weird traditions which take the fun out of christmas imo :cry:

I'm sure he would rather take a stocking down :)
:thumbs::D

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
Sounds miserable saying 'the time off work'. But I do like a lot of other things about Christmas - that's just the best one!

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
Cheer up grumps :p

1 - 20 of 46 Posts