Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What do they know that we don't?

2536 Views 67 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Ian Lusso
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
This morning an alfa GQV was behind me all the way from Bedfordview to Woodmead, so two GQV in red on the same lane one after another! Not to bad for Alfa publicity!

· Registered
1,198 Posts
I was going the other way ..... Woodmead to Bedfordview, so there may have been another red one going the opposite way.... we must have passed each other somewhere:cool:
Eric, we are two red GQV in a row, I am sure we did cross our paths somewhere along N3!:lol:

· Registered
1,198 Posts
For a "qv" model the g is imoressive in my books. The qv usually was a "sporty" car and a gta was an all out racer. So the qv in terms of performance is right where it should be. A gti competitor. A gta should be in the s3/golf R range where performance is concearned. And yes you can do a lot worse at the price.
Ian, I agreed with you on the QV as GTi and GTA as R, that's why I am happy with my GQV, purely because I know my car is much better than the GTi (yes, this is very subjective)!:D

I really do not see the GTA will come out for the G, considering it has to have a 4wd system, where Fiat does not have at the moment. Although, a higher power engine would not be a problem for AR. But the current R&D budget are just for Guilia and the spider, probably the CUV too. So there are no money left for a GTA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.