Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,735 Posts
Probably battling with sales...I was amazed how many 159's and Giuliettas I see here in Joburg, saw one a month (if that) in Durban on the road.
Strange, Greg. I live in Durban and see so many Giuliettas a month, its unbelievable.

· Registered
3,735 Posts
Greg.. GP is definitely the biggest hub for alfa..

For example the 4C LE order list:
1 4C LE bought in CT (our friend Ultra red)
1 4C LE bought in KZN
11 4C LE's in Gauteng
Considering Jozi's the financial hub of Africa.....great news, 11 4 Cs in 1 province and 13 in total for a small country like SA.

· Registered
3,735 Posts
I think the 4C's gonna put Alfa in the limelight again! Everything sounds very positive and promising thus far.

· Registered
3,735 Posts
thats what they said about the giulietta..
Correct me if I'm wrong Talking about SA only, before the G arrived, sales of Alfa were generslly 'low' despite good offerings like the 159 and GT. Alfa battled with the GT sales. To sell in the region of 40 Gs a month is a massive jump. Both my wife and I talk about how many Gs we see in Durban, sometimes 3 in one day.

· Registered
3,735 Posts
Alfas are not marketed well in this country. That is a shame because even though the g may be flawed, the 159 is not. Especially when one considers the german products.
Exactly. Alfas are not marketed properly, not enough spent on advertising.couple that with GENERALLY crappy service from dealers and the very limited choice of models, how can u expect to achieve high sales targets?
Oh forgot, poorly trained sales staff with limited knowledge.

Btw, as a G owner, what are the G''s flaws? Do these flaws exist across the range?
Turbos popping? Hard seats? Insufficient powder?

· Registered
3,735 Posts
Ian, I know you didn't mean any offence. If a car has any flaws, I will accept.
Anyway, I do love the Giuli to bits.

· Registered
3,735 Posts
If AR just open the engine to 2000cc with no change, you have 194kW, which is where they should have been at the start to be REALLY competitive on performance level.

Al they need to make a GTA is to fit a more aggressive intake cam and turbo one size up for 225kW. If they worry about longevity they can lower the compression ratio a tad.

Guess what the reaction would have been towards the brand?
The reaction would be explosive! More Alfas would be flying off the showroom floors...and it would put the Gti in its place!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.