Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Probably battling with sales...I was amazed how many 159's and Giuliettas I see here in Joburg, saw one a month (if that) in Durban on the road.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I know alfa sa is in Italy right now for feedback from alfa Italy.. If I get wind of something I will let you know.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Have they dropped the warranty from 5 year 150 000km to 3 year 100 000km and added a maintenance plan?

I'd rather have the longer warranty thanks! Brakes cost R2000, a blown turbo costs R35 000!!!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the turbo will also be covered under the maintenance plan Greg.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Probably battling with sales...I was amazed how many 159's and Giuliettas I see here in Joburg, saw one a month (if that) in Durban on the road.
Strange, Greg. I live in Durban and see so many Giuliettas a month, its unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Greg.. GP is definitely the biggest hub for alfa..

For example the 4C LE order list:
1 4C LE bought in CT (our friend Ultra red)
1 4C LE bought in KZN
11 4C LE's in Gauteng

·
Registered
212 Posts

1 4C LE bought in KZN
11 4C LE's in Gauteng
11 4Cs in Gauteng?!:eek: That's amazing. Hope I get to see the one in Durban when it arrives.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

1 4C LE bought in KZN
11 4C LE's in Gauteng
Considering Jozi's the financial hub of Africa.....great news, 11 4 Cs in 1 province and 13 in total for a small country like SA.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This morning an alfa GQV was behind me all the way from Bedfordview to Woodmead, so two GQV in red on the same lane one after another! Not to bad for Alfa publicity!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Lets all hope the 4 c is what people want it will certainly help the brand, I would not mine one but a bit sceptical for that sort of monies

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
This morning an alfa GQV was behind me all the way from Bedfordview to Woodmead, so two GQV in red on the same lane one after another! Not to bad for Alfa publicity!
I was going the other way ..... Woodmead to Bedfordview, so there may have been another red one going the opposite way.... we must have passed each other somewhere:cool:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Lets all hope the 4 c is what people want it will certainly help the brand, I would not mine one but a bit sceptical for that sort of monies
Based on the shot gun reviews from Topgear and Autocar it certainly sounds promising.

Pistonheads also claims that the 4C went around 'The Ring and apparently the test drivers couldn't wipe their smirks off their faces when they got out of the car. To quote "I've also heard rumours that the new Alfa Romeo 4C was on track too, and judging by the insanely happy grins on the test driver's faces, it's probably pretty damn good.

So it all sounds rather promising :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Based on the shot gun reviews from Topgear and Autocar it certainly sounds promising.

Pistonheads also claims that the 4C went around 'The Ring and apparently the test drivers couldn't wipe their smirks off their faces when they got out of the car. To quote "I've also heard rumours that the new Alfa Romeo 4C was on track too, and judging by the insanely happy grins on the test driver's faces, it's probably pretty damn good.

So it all sounds rather promising :thumbs:
With all the time & money spent on the 4C there's no way it will be a dissapointment.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think the 4C's gonna put Alfa in the limelight again! Everything sounds very positive and promising thus far.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I think the 4C's gonna put Alfa in the limelight again! Everything sounds very positive and promising thus far.
thats what they said about the giulietta..

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Yes Paul and without the almost 200 000 G's sold Alfa would be in the grave now. So it did more than put it on the map.. It kept Alfa alive.

And provided proof to FIAT management that Alfa's will sell if they provide the right product. And they have strong G sales even tho its biggest market is at its lowest level since the 1980's.

And I am sure the 4C will shake things up in the 2seater sports car market.. The LE 4C's were more than 2times over subscribed.. And the 4C is sold out till June 2014.

That's pretty impressive considering no one except alfa has driven the car yet..

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lmao...the G is flawed, it just takes a drive in German competitors' offerings in the same market. This makes me think of what I thought of this morning...is AR aware of really how brand loyal most AR owners are? We are willilng to fend off better cars for sometimes less money in order to buy cars that are not as good as it should be for the price?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Never said its not flawed.. It is. Even so it still saved AR :cheese:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
thats what they said about the giulietta..
Correct me if I'm wrong Talking about SA only, before the G arrived, sales of Alfa were generslly 'low' despite good offerings like the 159 and GT. Alfa battled with the GT sales. To sell in the region of 40 Gs a month is a massive jump. Both my wife and I talk about how many Gs we see in Durban, sometimes 3 in one day.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts