Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As i have just bought my first Alfa and i see all your
Fantastic looking motors!
It has inspired me to make a few small (not over the top) changes to the look of mine but i was wondering....
What did you guys start changing on your motors when you first got them? I'm not sure on a boot spoiler as yet..some modifyed 156's look just as good without as some with the spoiler and some of the body kits look fantastic! my wheels are in tip top condition and i do like them, but i do need a few small changes to the look of the car to make it mine :)

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Cosmetically, the first thing I did was switch interior from velour to black leather, then changed repeaters, then fitted GTA style headlamps - ooh I changed both badges too - chrome grille strips came next, followed by colour co-ordinated mirrors & finally white serpent decals :D

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Changed the badges on my 166, am going to get SSteel door pins next nothing major just little touches to bring her up to her full glory. Probably change wheels when money permits or get them reconditioned.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
First mod was crystal repeaters, removed the towbar:rolleyes: fitted a scudetto grille kit and blacked out the two side bars, giving more of a GT look to the front and finally stainless exhaust...

J

·
0 Posts
first mod...

156 - Crystal black indicators, new head unit, number plates.

Spider - clear indicators remove some of the badges, number plates

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
got myself a set of 17" Ti alloys as soon as i bought it, then stuck the little italian tricolore on the boot, then got some ferodo ds2500 brake pads, then got a new head unit with bluetooth handsfree & ipod jack

that's about it i think, next job upgrade the brake discs and at some point (funds permitting) get some decent springs & dampers on - might even get it lowered a tad whilst having that done :thumbs:

·
0 Posts
forgot to add the painted front cover & plenum
non cosmetic work = lowered suspension + new wishbones, bmc cda fitted, upper strutbrace fitted + new discs & pads using ds2500s on the front

K

·
0 Posts
Change of head unit and new gearknob as the old one was knackered. Other than that and an ongoing wheel renovation project, it's pretty much how it came from the factory and that's how it'll stay.

I like the colour!

D

·
0 Posts
When I got mine I had to change the boost sensor, throttle body, egr valve, then the cambelt, turbo overhaul. Not out of choice but it was all covered on warranty ....

... and then a remap

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the replys :)) keithyboy i notice our cars are the same colour! it is nice.
I think i might go for side indicators first and start off cheap!
Does anyone know any good sites for buying Alfa bits cosmetic wise?
All your posts are much appreciated thx.

·
Registered
33,103 Posts
your spec looks fine to me .'have rarely seen changes improve an Alfa .(Dont get those Lexus lights for example.) Luckily the 147 Q2 I bought has the wheels interior etc that I wanted. But come to think of it the standard mats were crap and moved around under the pedals. So I got some "luxury mats" which are really bizarre shag pile

·
Registered
82 Posts
1st thing was(well all in 1 go actually) Full set of coilovers, EBC Discs and Pads all round, Alfa GT multispoke wheels and Goodyear Eagle Asymetrics, Rear EVO style spoiler, Upper front and rear OMP strut braces and lower. Now it handles like a GoKart :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts